ADVERTISEMENT

My pick for our surprise player this year

Gee way to go out on a limb there guy.

My pick for surprise is Chandler. Dude isn't a typical Frosh, probably much more mentally capable, in addition to a naturally older, more physical body.
Alot of people seem to be sleeping on chandler wouldn't shock me if he's our top playmaker besides Robinson out of the guard types.

My pick for surprise is Chandler. Dude isn't a typical Frosh, probably much more mentally capable, in addition to a naturally older, more physical body.
Alot of people seem to be sleeping on chandler wouldn't shock me if he's our top playmaker besides Robinson out of the guard types.
Yep, I think Chandler is the guy many of our fans have been overlooking.

He was the highest ranked player on this entire roster as a recruit. And now he’s two years older and more physically mature and reportedly a couple inches taller than he was when he earned that lofty ranking.

Oweh

But it could be garrison
Or it could be brea
Or maybe butler
almonor?
Or maybe anyone else.

^^^ Nailed it^^^
mijmfVX.gif

I agree. I believe he is being over looked because of his 2 yr absence. But you don't just loose natural talent which he had.

Reactions: chroix
It will vary from game to game.
No one will average 15ppg.
Oweh is my pick too. He is one of our 3 defensive studs (w/ Williams and Butler). He can guard 2, 3, and even 1. He can create his own shot, get to the rim, and he has a decent outside shot. But even when not scoring, he will contribute w/ his defense.

Carr will be our most consistent scorer.
Robinson will have our biggest (15+, 20+ pt) games.

I hope they all surprise us and are better than we think. The key will be how well the come together as a team. I said last year that many were over looking Reed and I feel the same about Perry. Not saying he will lead the team in scoring but will play a lot & will be a very good freshman player.

Chandler. For some reason a lot of people think he didn’t touch a basketball for the 10 years they believe mission trips last. He’s taller and older, and was a top rated recruit. He can score from the floor and has maturity. It’s definitely him.

It’s great that we have so many different opinions about this. I’m going Oweh and Garrison. Oweh is an all-conference player.

Garrison. I think he will end up making the sophomore year jump and eat into Williams minutes. May even take over the starting spot into the year.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Oweh

But it could be garrison
Or it could be brea
Or maybe butler
almonor?
Or maybe anyone else.
My pick is Trent Noah. A 6'6" shooter with NBA 3 point range. We're not talking about some 6'1" guard that might have a hard time getting his shot off at the college level. Noah is a legit 6'6" with pretty good ball handling skills to go along with being a great shooter.

Noah, is a poor mans Kevin Greavy with a right handed jump shot. He did not play in the Ky All Star game to work on his college game. Hes blessed with that dog gene. Like my Jack Russell Terrier.
Agree that Noah is going to be a huge surprise for many. He’s the sleeper on this team just because people don’t know him and he didn’t get the hype as a late bloomer. But he didn’t sit out to work on his game. He had a previous engagement planned. His county declared a “Trent Noah Day” and he signed autographs and spoke at their annual festival the weekend of the game.

Noah, is a poor mans Kevin Greavy with a right handed jump shot. He did not play in the Ky All Star game to work on his college game. Hes blessed with that dog gene. Like my Jack Russell Terrier.
Well your terrier has 78 of them so might not be the best comparison.

Reactions: know1
I'll bite, I think garrison and chandler will have fans wanting more pt for them. Carr being our best player would not surprise me as I think his skills match pope's offense perfectly.

Brea is what he is at this point. Same for Butler, Kriisa, Robinson, Carr, and Williams.

The guys with the highest ceilings are obviously capable of making a much bigger leap due to not reaching their potential yet. That would be Chandler, Garrison, and Oweh.

One of those guys will be the one who surprises us. I'm more inclined to believe it will be Chandler.

Oweh will be a top 3 player. He's a 2 way player. Can score an a lock down defender.

My dar horse is Travis he juat shines every time . He might nit be Reed but closer than many think.

Well your terrier has 78 of them so might not be the best comparison.
My Jack kills rats and shakes them til he hears their back break then he spits it out and goes after another one. I hope Noah has the same killer instinct missing for years on various UK teams.

Reactions: blubo
I’m not seeking recognition or validation or any such thing … but my posts should show that I knew Reed would be Reed, although I’d be the first to admit I thought he’d be here 2 years … all this just to say that Perry is much better than what we are giving him credit for … I’m not saying he’s going to kill it this year, but he is a lot better, significantly better, than what he’s being credited for!!!

Reactions: westerncat
Perry
Chandler
Garrison

Not in any particular order , but if there are five players on this team better than these three then Mitch needs to get his butt in gear and find the rafter space for banner #9.
Perry, although not quite as athletic as Reed, is close in talent level, shooting, and BB IQ. He had 5 steals against a very talented Ind all star team which underscores his excellent court vision and like Reed can see plays developing and position himself to make the steal. He was also the focus of Indiana's defense in both all star games with at least one player dogging him throughout the game in an effort to deny him the ball. In many instances they left Green open to double team Perry. This in part explains how Green was able to score at will. With all the great shooters UK will have this year, teams will not be able to focus on Perry or any one player. Perry will excel in this environment. He is a Steve Alford clone, the Ind Hoosier who was an all american in the mid 80's.

Chandler's athletic ability, quickness and sky walking moves reminds me of Rex Chapman. I look for him to be a NBA first rounder by his sophomore year!

Garrison is our only McDonald's all american. I watched several of his complete games from last year and based on that I think the sky is the limit for this 6'!!" inch 250 lb stud. I think he will be starting at the 5 by January.

I obviously am very high on this team and coach. I think we are in for a great season! Every time I look at the talent on this roster, as they say in Sandy Hook," I feel like a covey of quail flew out of my ass".

Reactions: will1976
I’m not seeking recognition or validation or any such thing … but my posts should show that I knew Reed would be Reed, although I’d be the first to admit I thought he’d be here 2 years … all this just to say that Perry is much better than what we are giving him credit for … I’m not saying he’s going to kill it this year, but he is a lot better, significantly better, than what he’s being credited for!!!
I agree 100% with your comments about Travis Perry !
Go 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: westerncat
I really like the Carr kid. After watching a few WF games he is way better than the guys we had last year.
He's always around the ball, has the ability to put the ball on the floor and drive, nice 3 point shooter and is good a lobs for a bucket.
He will be a handful for forward's trying to guard him because he can make a three or drive into the lane and pull up.

He's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: will1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT