ADVERTISEMENT

My Ole Kentucky Home!

vernoncoy

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2015
Weep no more my lady.
I know I am just an old romantic but OUR anthem always brings a lump to my throat! I can remember the days when young men were proud to wear the UK jersey and play for OUR team. That may never be the case again but I feel so much better with Coach Pope in charge! Thank God the narcissist is gone - "witch old witch - the wicked old witch is dead".
Remember - The sun shines bright.
Go Cats!!!!

Last edited:
Brings back fond memories of Chandler singing that song before UK games. I remember grown men that had played for UK for four years crying like babies on senior night during that song.
That was the best!!!! I was there for a couple of senior nights. There was not a dry eye in the house. There were macho men who were blubbering babies and the players so tall yet leaning down to put their head on their mom's shoulders crying. And everyone in Rupp was crying. I tell ya, those nights in Rupp were magical...before the OAD's, where we grew up with the players and felt like they were our kids graduating, too.

Weep no more my lady.
I know I am just an old romantic but OUR anthem always brings a lump to my throat! I can remember the days when young men were proud to wear the UK jersey and play for OUR team. That may never be the case again but I feel so much better with Coach Pope in charge! Thank God the narcissist is gone - "witch old witch - the wicked old witch is dead".
Remember - The sun shines bright.
Go Cats!!!!

A.B. "Happy" Chandler's Old Kentucky Home / KySportsVideo

The best version of many. Cried watching it live. Cried just now. This song always gets to me.
This was one of the times that I mentioned being at a senior night in my post in this thread. One of the most magical times in Wildcat history...at least for me. I'm with you @BC_Wader...I cried when I was there and I cried still, just now when I watched it now. It was a bright spot and a memorable time in UK basketball history. I miss the feeling of camaraderie among the team, fans and everyone that was in the building that night. We had lost that feeling and spirit in the last few years...but I think we might just start to get it back!!

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

This was one of the times that I mentioned being at a senior night in my post in this thread. One of the most magical times in Wildcat history...at least for me. I'm with you @BC_Wader...I cried when I was there and I cried still, just now when I watched it now. It was a bright spot and a memorable time in UK basketball history. I miss the feeling of camaraderie among the team, fans and everyone that was in the building that night. We had lost that feeling and spirit in the last few years...but I think we might just start to get it back!!

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙
Yes ma'am. We're going to get back to being what we were from a fan pride standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT