ADVERTISEMENT

My 9 leg parlay to pick the playoff teams-$10 for $10,054.93

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
It's worth a shot and I do expect more than 2 SEC and Big Ten schools to make it but they have to let the other conferences in too.

Ohio State -650
Georgia -500
Notre Dame -170
Penn State -145
Florida State +160
Miami, FL +210
Texas -230
Utah +260
Liberty +550

Reactions: Fox2monk

I like Texas with their soft schedule, but I think Ole Miss might deserve consideration as a 3rd SEC team. I think the two super conferences will get at least 3 each so I would add USC from B1G, no more than 2 from the ACC, 1 B-12 and 3 at large. Pick 9 from that.

I like Texas with their soft schedule, but I think Ole Miss might deserve consideration as a 3rd SEC team. I think the two super conferences will get at least 3 each so I would add USC from B1G, no more than 2 from the ACC, 1 B-12 and 3 at large. Pick 9 from that.
They were last team out. I had them at first. They got dropped for Liberty of all teams. Ole Miss was +125 and Liberty was +550 and it make a lot of difference in the payout. Some group of 5 team has to get in and they seem the best of them to me. Utah beat out one of the other from SEC/Big 10 and the ACC got a second team in. 9 was the limit so there are still 3 spots remaining.

Reactions: Deeeefense
UGA has Texas, Bama, OM, UK all away this fall. We will lose some games. Won't be shocked if Missouri doesn't play for SEC championship, not that they are one of top 2 teams, but have the easiest schedule in the conference. They got Arky, Vandy, State, Carolina, Auburn, ATM, Bama and OU. Even if they are bad they go 4-4, any good they are 6-2. OK

UGA has Texas, Bama, OM, UK all away this fall. We will lose some games. Won't be shocked if Missouri doesn't play for SEC championship, not that they are one of top 2 teams, but have the easiest schedule in the conference. They got Arky, Vandy, State, Carolina, Auburn, ATM, Bama and OU. Even if they are bad they go 4-4, any good they are 6-2. OK
That’s a gauntlet of a schedule, but as good as Georgia is now I don’t expect them to lose more than 2 games until proven otherwise. That still wins the east IMO.

Reactions: UKat1
So which teams are we looking at realistically to make it out of the Group of Five? I can’t keep up with the portal, etc. for these smaller schools, gives me a migraine just to figure out incoming and outgoing for SEC teams.

Reactions: UKat1
So which teams are we looking at realistically to make it out of the Group of Five? I can’t keep up with the portal, etc. for these smaller schools, gives me a migraine just to figure out incoming and outgoing for SEC teams.

I can't keep up with who is group of 5 or a P4 with all the realignment. So I may name a new P5 school, but Boise is one, SDSU has been good at times, Tulane. Really hard to tell, but likely one that avoids P4 games.

It might have, but there is no longer an East.
Oh yeah I forgot they were doing away with it because of the new teams. I still think they make the championship game and playoff with 2 losses though. All depends on schedule breaks, but honestly nobody will have better talent than GA. Maybe Bama if the new coach keeps it up. Possibly Texas now but Georgia will always be at the top under Smart. Georgia is king until proven otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT