ADVERTISEMENT

Must see

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
I know there is already a post pin it to the top.

But every fan and donor needs to watch rondo and boogie go at it. I wish rondo were a little more emphatic about cal leaving BUT the mind set of cousins. My G-d!! It’s like cal invented basketball in Lexington. These guys coming in have no clue of our tradition. Now we know why they don’t lay it all on the line. It’s sickening to hear him dote on cal and how we didn’t win without him and won’t. It is a must watch. And it’s a damning statement of cal is peddling here. Many of us have known for a long time but if you’re on the fence and you’re not a paid poster by Cals team to come over here I encourage to go watch it.

I told you. In my thead be prepared. These players are completely delusional and will side with Cal. And when he is fired next year, they will raise hell and cut ties with UK, They think he made the program, and so do a lot of younger fans. We're in a Bob Knight situation here. It's bad. Cal overstayed by 5 years. Now we are into an era where a lot of fans weren't alive for Pitino or Tubby's time here. Never saw a coach other than Cal win here. All they know is we sucked before Cal got here. Same thing that happened with Indiana after McCracken left. Scary shit man.

I told you. In my thead be prepared. These players are completely delusional and will side with Cal. And when he is fired next year, they will raise hell and cut ties with UK, They think he made the program, and so do a lot of younger fans. We're in a Bob Knight situation here. It's bad. Cal overstayed by 5 years. Now we are into an era where a lot of fans weren't alive for Pitino or Tubby's time here. Never saw a coach other than Cal win here. All they know is we sucked before Cal got here. Same thing that happened with Indiana after McCracken left. Scary shit man.
He mentioned several times on the radio show tonight about what we’ve built here.” It made me sick.

He mentioned several times on the radio show tonight about what we’ve built here.” It made me sick.

Cannot tell you how that made me feel as well.

And really, the entire show was Calipari disrespecting the athletics department. It was a time to show some humility and respect and he fails in that regard every time. That was totally disrespectful to all of the people who have given him and his family generational wealth. At the end of the day he’s just a basketball coach, that’s it. There are millions of people that work in professions that actually do make a difference for very little pay and the way he talks is so awful I can’t imagine what some of think when he talks about making prodigy basketball players wealthy.

Adolph Rupp would be rolling in his grave and it’s a shame anyone went along with this as long as some have. Kentucky, from boosters to alumni to fans, need to vow that never again will anyone or anything come before winning for this program. Too many men put in too much over the years to allow something like this to happen.

At this point you either fire him or send the message that he does as he likes. And it’s a bad precedent to set for future coaches coming in. Barnhart really doesn’t have a choice, you have to fire him. We’re going down a bad road by allowing this behavior for so long, I’m genuinely afraid this is the place where Kentucky accepts lower standards and loses the prestige.

Cannot tell you how that made me feel as well.

And really, the entire show was Calipari disrespecting the athletics department. It was a time to show some humility and respect and he fails in that regard every time. That was totally disrespectful to all of the people who have given him and his family generational wealth. At the end of the day he’s just a basketball coach, that’s it. There are millions of people that work in professions that actually do make a difference for very little pay and the way he talks is so awful I can’t imagine what some of think when he talks about making prodigy basketball players wealthy.

Adolph Rupp would be rolling in his grave and it’s a shame anyone went along with this as long as some have. Kentucky, from boosters to alumni to fans, need to vow that never again will anyone or anything come before winning for this program. Too many men put in too much over the years to allow something like this to happen.

At this point you either fire him or send the message that he does as he likes. And it’s a bad precedent to set for future coaches coming in. Barnhart really doesn’t have a choice, you have to fire him.
Wait until Calipari is fired next year. All these #BBN for life guys. That played under Cal? Will cut ties with UK. It'll be ugly. The whole Cal era will be a wash. Minus those first 6 years.

Haven’t listened but I take no issue with cousins backing cal. He should back cal. Cal did an amazing job with him when his reputation coming to college was not that great. Cousins had the driven, motivated, hungry and ready to take on the world Cal. He was just getting started at UK. That’s the cal cousins knows as a coach, the coach any of us would have in a heartbeat, But that’s not the cal we have any longer and that cal isn’t coming back. That cal no longer even exist to come back. What we have now is the 4th clone character played by Michael Keaton in multiplicity!!!!

Wait until Calipari is fired next year. All these #BBN for life guys. That played under Cal? Will cut ties with UK. It'll be ugly. The whole Cal era will be a wash. Minus those first 6 years.

Yeah but who cares? I don’t wish ill will on them but… so what? Not many other schools have tons of former NBA stars always propping them up and glazing them. Most of the guys, while I loved many of them and appreciate them, were here 1 single year and only to get to the NBA.
That’s why they chose Kentucky. I’m not saying every college basketball player “loves who they play for and studies their tradition” but all these guys used (rightfully so I suppose) Kentucky to literally become millionaires.

I’d be more upset if Padgett, Mills, Rondo, Prince, Mashburn etc suddenly came out trashing Kentucky and cutting ties than the 987 5 stars we’ve seen come thru who bolt after 1 single year.

I don't think they are delusional, they are just young and are from a different generation. Yes there is some entitlement there as well. Boogie is from a different generation than Rondo and it's really no different than watching Millennials clash with Gen Xers over politics or societal issues. The young fella can't relate to what he hasn't lived through. This exchange was fascinating to watch.

Haven’t listened but I take no issue with cousins backing cal. He should back cal. Cal did an amazing job with him when his reputation coming to college was not that great. Cousins had the driven, motivated, hungry and ready to take on the world Cal. He was just getting started at UK. That’s the cal cousins knows as a coach, the coach any of us would have in a heartbeat, But that’s not the cal we have any longer and that cal isn’t coming back. That cal no longer even exist to come back. What we have now is the 4th clone character played by Michael Keaton in multiplicity!!!!

I don't think they are delusional, they are just young and are from a different generation. Yes there is some entitlement there as well. Boogie is from a different generation than Rondo and it's really no different than watching Millennials clash with Gen Xers over politics or societal issues. The young fella can't relate to what he hasn't lived through. This exchange was fascinating to watch.

Great replies to a really good conversation.

Cousins SHOULD back Cal. Look at what Cal did and has continued to do for him. He helped fix his reputation and taught him to work hard. He also constantly was out praising DC when the NBA tried to give him a bad rep too. Cal loves and takes care of his players. The NIL thing with Reeves seems to be an outlier and there is no excuse for that.

@cats2010 was right, Cousins had the Cal who was the perfect coach for UK. If that Cal comes back, there is no one better. Rondo is still around the program and sees what is happening and is right, it's time for a change

I don’t GAFF if every single former Cal player moves on from being affiliated with UK! If that’s what it takes to preserve the UK legacy, so be it!

There will be a new round of former players 10-15 years from now as well!

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cousins sounds brainwashed.
Herro was not happy about the criticism of Cal.

82zQm.gif

Rondo should of agreed with Cousins about what Cal and his players specifically built. However, he should of said, what you and Cal built is no longer there, because if it was, we would not be having this conversation.

Great replies to a really good conversation.

Cousins SHOULD back Cal. Look at what Cal did and has continued to do for him. He helped fix his reputation and taught him to work hard. He also constantly was out praising DC when the NBA tried to give him a bad rep too. Cal loves and takes care of his players. The NIL thing with Reeves seems to be an outlier and there is no excuse for that.

@cats2010 was right, Cousins had the Cal who was the perfect coach for UK. If that Cal comes back, there is no one better. Rondo is still around the program and sees what is happening and is right, it's time for a change

Cal basically had to setup a daycare to keep an eye on Cousins when he was at UK. His actions post UK were no one’s fault but his own. Cal is like the parent that sees no wrong in anything their kid does with these guys.

Since when was Cousins driven by emotion to the point of being irrational?

Maybe Cal can hire him on his staff at a new school to remind the recruits of how awesome
he used to be.

Rondo is right in what he said, and I think most Kentucky fans agree with him. Cousins is basically defending Cal, no matter how bad it gets. I'm sure Cal was happy when Cousins left because he couldn't handle him, he was sort of a loose cannon at times here. I remember many times Cousins would be on the bench pouting because of his lack of discipline. Rondo is from Kentucky, Cousins is not, Rondo knows what this program is about and how big it is.

Love me some Boogie but he's just wrong ; the program is, relatively speaking, in shambles compared to when he was here.

Rondo understands what the program is really all about , it's history and relationship with the fans. Boogie only sees it from his time here til now.

Logic trumps emotion every time.

Rondo should of agreed with Cousins about what Cal and his players specifically built. However, he should of said, what you and Cal built is no longer there, because if it was, we would not be having this conversation.
What they built? You mean the one and done culture? The "weave"? The complete choking against WVU? Cal was nothing more than an NBA recruiter. The return over the years has been worse than that of my savings account.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT