ADVERTISEMENT

Music you secretly like

This 90's grunge rocker has really been into 80's new wave lately. Depeche Mode, New Order, The Cure, INXS, Tears For Fears, Pet Shop Boys etc.

I have an aunt that told me she had a bunch of Beastie Boys cds in her house and I could have them. Went over and discovered they were actually Pet Shop Boys cds. So disappointing

I have an aunt that told me she had a bunch of Beastie Boys cds in her house and I could have them. Went over and discovered they were actually Pet Shop Boys cds. So disappointing
You sure it wasn't The Beach Boys album Pet Sounds? :) Sorry, old man stuff.

The-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds.jpg

I've played (live- guitar) everything from all era's of country, rock, metal, even some rap... so I'm forced to have a wide palette.

Having said that... I can't listen to rap.

I really enjoy jazz, especially organ combo stuff (Jimmy Smith, Groove Holmes, Joey D, etc). Being in the same small room with a real Hammond and Leslie is a life altering experience. Live jazz in general is awesome... highly recommended!

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I'm 71 years old and grew up listening to classic rock, of course, and the British bands were my favorite.
Having said that, I will confess that I liked some selected disco music, like Chic (incredible band, with extremely talented musicians), BeeGees (incredible harmonies), and particularly, this song ... it never gets old or seems dated to me, although the zombies in the club do not seem too enthused !! :cool:

Here's a little history on the song, originally written as a R&B 12-bar blues tune:

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT