ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking Calipari Outta my Head

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
Dude has been there rent free too long. My final post on him.
THANKS for the first few years here....marvelous.
But...you said one thing right...time for a new voice at UK.

JC may well find success at Arkansas. Who knows? Lots things...injuries, attitudes, desire, bounce of the ball...and thousands more play into success...but it wasn't gonna happen at UK.
No harm to Cal or any of his family. No misery, no bad fortune. Really, it doesn't matter.

New Voice at UK is Pope. If hard work and desire and respect for the tradition of UK can bring success, we will have plenty. If not, we move on.
As far as Cal and Arkansas...doesn't matter. Not at all. Not my team. Whatever.

seth meyers wtf GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

8 Cal threads on the first page. It won’t be easy to get over losing him.
Wait until next season actually starts. There will be at least 10-15 threads started daily after each Arkansas game, regardless of the outcome. In general, ppl cannot help themselves.

Won't surprise me to see in game threads for all of the Arky games...yuck.

It’s been easy to identify who the Cal homers were over the last year or two. They are the same ones that can’t stop posting and obsessing over him and Arkansas. The majority of fans I think are happy he’s gone and are looking to the future instead of the past.

Last edited:

JC may well find success at Arkansas. Who knows? Lots things...injuries, attitudes, desire, bounce of the ball...and thousands more play into success...but it wasn't gonna happen at UK.
No harm to Cal or any of his family. No misery, no bad fortune. Really, it doesn't matter.

New Voice at UK is Pope. If hard work and desire and respect for the tradition of UK can bring success, we will have plenty. If not, we move on.
Bill.. I agree with you wholeheartedly! It's kind of like an ex-girlfriend. You had some good times and some bad times together.

It will take some time, but I personally think CMP has expedited the eviction process for me and I'm ready to move on to this new chapter of a once again proud UK basketball program.

Reactions: billoliver40

Cal will die slowly on this site.

This is completely off topic but the thread title made me do it; one looks like the product of George Harrison and an ugly woman and one dances like Elaine on Seinfeld but has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard.

This is completely off topic but the thread title made me do it; one looks like the product of George Harrison and an ugly woman and one dances like Elaine on Seinfeld but has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard.

What in the world did I just watch? Evidently I didn't watch it long enough (30 seconds) to get to the amazing voices.

What in the world did I just watch? Evidently I didn't watch it long enough (30 seconds) to get to the amazing voices.
If you don't think Henning May has a GREAT voice you are in the minority. And he didn't start singing until AFTER 30 seconds...about 43 seconds. Most of his great songs are in German(Pocahontas for example) and that isn't one of the better English songs, just the one with right title. He's the greatest baritone I've ever heard. The ugly that guy that starts out singing is just meh...

Last edited:
Who is gonna tell them that Cal’s 15 years were better than Rupps last 15. I wonder if UK fans had the same feelings towards Rupp and threw the baby out with the bath water. Probably not, there wasn’t a Matt Jones around feeding hatred to the monster back then.
He retired 52 years ago. Think anything might be a little different between then and now?

It’s been easy to identify who the Cal homers were over the last year or two. They are the same ones that can’t stop posting and obsessing over him and Arkansas. The majority of fans I think are happy he’s gone and are looking to the future instead of the past.
Not true at all. Many of us here did not like him, are SUPER GLAD that he's gone, and love getting digs in toward him, just as he enjoyed getting digs in toward the UK fanbase. If you disagree with that, then we need to talk :D

Reactions: Pmalone6719
I kicked him out of my head a few years ago. I was waiting for UK to kick his ass out of Lexington, thankfully he did it for them and BBN.

Reactions: Pmalone6719
Yeah, it’s infinitely harder to win now and 90% of the fanbase is in one of two cults and their main agenda is hating the former coach. It’s still funny that Cal’s 15 years of failure were better than the Gillispie, Tubby, Sutton, Hall, eras and the last 5 years of Rupp.

Nobody is upset about how he started his career here. It’s how he ended it.

Reactions: billoliver40
That’s the point. Adolph Rupp ended his career with a worse 15 year run than Cal.

He also had 4 titles. 100% confident that if we won't a title in say 2015 or 2017 Cal would still be our head coach. His title was the year my oldest son was born. He will be 12 this year....that is a long time ago.

There going to be trolls that keep him alive here forever, as they act like UK fans to make BBN look stupid.
Were they the same trolls who posted about Tubby and Pitino years after they left Kentucky?

Maybe part of it is that Calipari is and will remain a compelling discussion topic, especially since he's taking 60% of what was going to be our roster with him to Arkansas, a team in our own conference.

Refusing to discuss Calipari doesn't make you logical; it makes you an oddity.

Cal is a relevant topic.

Wait until next season actually starts. There will be at least 10-15 threads started daily after each Arkansas game, regardless of the outcome. In general, ppl cannot help themselves.

Won't surprise me to see in game threads for all of the Arky games...yuck.
So true!

Not true at all. Many of us here did not like him, are SUPER GLAD that he's gone, and love getting digs in toward him, just as he enjoyed getting digs in toward the UK fanbase. If you disagree with that, then we need to talk :D
Good point! He did treat us like we hand no clue about basketball. We’re BBN

That’s the point. Adolph Rupp ended his career with a worse 15 year run than Cal.

Thats not a point. You’re arguing apples to oranges. What do you want to do? Fire Rupp? Bring back Cal? You seem to be stuck in the past and hung up on irrelevant records. Comparing Rupps last 15 years with Gillispie’s two years?

There going to be trolls that keep him alive here forever, as they act like UK fans to make BBN look stupid.

There was a thread last week in which a long time poster was joining some UNC fans in bashing our program. I thought I had seen it all but I hadn't. That is one reason I have pulled back from posting and reading this board. The obsession with Cal is too much. When our posters have a love affair with rival fans who hate us, hell has frozen over and we are in it.

We have a new Pope and that is what I am excited about!!!

Were they the same trolls who posted about Tubby and Pitino years after they left Kentucky?

Maybe part of it is that Calipari is and will remain a compelling discussion topic, especially since he's taking 60% of what was going to be our roster with him to Arkansas, a team in our own conference.

Refusing to discuss Calipari doesn't make you logical; it makes you an oddity.

Cal is a relevant topic.

I don't disagree with you on this. However, we have been inundated in threads that are conspiracy level madness. Many of them are contradictory to one another. One thread was about how Cal lied about basically being around in the future and another said that Cal tried to get UK to up the ante to keep him from going to Arkansas. If the second thread was true, then the first one wasn't. If he intended to go to Arkansas then he obviously didn't ask UK to up the ante.

It’s like breaking up with your girlfriend - she’s moved on but you can’t stop texting and talking about her. It borders on obsession around here. Some of the Cal topics are just bizarre, conspiracy theory stuff. He definitely lives rent free in a lot of heads. I’m SUPER GLAD he’s gone too, but I don’t feel the need to take shots at him continuously. He did us a favor by leaving so why should I? I’ve moved on, and I suggest you do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: flacat22
If you’re a grown man that obsesses over what a former coach is doing it may be time to touch some grass and quit sports all together. Maybe even get rid of the tv

It’s like breaking up with your girlfriend - she’s moved on but you can’t stop texting and talking about her. It borders on obsession around here. Some of the Cal topics are just bizarre, conspiracy theory stuff. He definitely lives rent free in a lot of heads. I’m SUPER GLAD he’s gone too, but I don’t feel the need to take shots at him continuously. He did us a favor by leaving so why should I? I’ve moved on, and I suggest you do the same.
Yep. And the girlfriend went to an uglier guy with more money, while we went to Tinder got no matches and settled for the fat girl that had a crush on us in middle school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT