ADVERTISEMENT

Music night

I'm recording tracks with my Les Paul tonight - which I want to show off to you guys
NOT because I think I"m "all that" -- but because my Les Paul is like a sexy biker chick (with Blue Oyster Cult and Jim Jones stickers etc)

BUT FIRST -- here is one of the tunes that got this day rolling:

I

ok --- this guy makes me want to run through a wall head first

listen to that Les Paul

I once aw Gary Moore walk over to his amp and nonchalantly 'shuffle' his pick hand across the strings

He was just checking for volume levels but also did something with his left hand

it sounded better than every lick in my repertoire

you tell me you don't like this song and his style
and I will do my best to find you and cut your brake lines
(are those still a thing?)

Last McCArtney of the night

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs
I look around me and I see it isn't so
Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs
And what's wrong with that
I'd like to know
'Cause here I go again
I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you

Denny Laine was higher than a kite in this oft-overlooked Wings classic (featuring another killer solo by McCulloch)...

Reactions: cawoodsct
...and here's my 6-string acoustic - it's a Yamaha that I got in Japan in 1993

Seems a little tinny when recorded with the IPOD but normally is a little more bottom end 'rich' (like my lovely bride)

Any who - just a quick piece to get the conversation going with any other guitar players --- also, I'm featuring a strategically placed unmade bed in this shot .....so there's THAT

...and for grins....here's my 12 string Yamaha (bought in Landsthul, Germany)

next up -- my tattoos and what I have hidden in the basement......be right back
(maybe that's another thread however)

So my 65 Strat is like a gorgeous classy lady in formal attire
My Les Paul is more like a hot biker chick

Just for the sake of tone -- here's a quick clip of the Les Paul from earlier tonight - it's not as nice of a guitar as the Strat but........BALLS .... it's just got more BALLS

Big props on the dual Jim Jones stickers [laughing]

Big props on the dual Jim Jones stickers [laughing]

Custom made - they say "Trust Me"
:pray:

Almost EVERY time I pull that guitar out of the case - other guitar players kind of - gasp

it's not "beautiful" - but it's a bad street b!tch with kick
and the paint is worn off where my arm hangs over it

It looks almost like it's been on tour - just finished playing it another 2 hours or so
here's another clip for the living hell of it.....the more I play it the better it sounds sometimes.....I SWEAR it likes to be treated a little rough sometimes.....:fistbump:

Last edited:
Reactions: 420grover
I'm enjoying these both on my new record player, but I'd rather the vinyl thread die a slow death and promote this one instead. Always up for some new listens.

Unreleased GN'R:

Interesting take on a classic.

They should've polished this one and released it. The solo at 1:40 shreds but clearly ain't Slash because that is not his style.

ADVERTISEMENT