ADVERTISEMENT

Music night

This song was huge over in continental Europe back in late-1983. Virtually unknown in North America, but huge in Germany. Heh, check out the grass hut they burn down. Roger Chapman was forced to remove his jacket because the fire grew so hot.

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Reactions: -Mav-
One of my favorite Priest songs. Tonight more than 30 years later I look it up and it's a Joan Baez song about Dylan. Dig her version as well.

Priest:

Baez:

In the song, Baez recounts an out-of-the-blue phone call from an old lover, which sends her a decade back in time, to a "crummy" hotel in Greenwich Village circa 1964 or 1965; she recalls giving him a pair of cuff-links, and summarizes that memories bring "diamonds and rust." Baez has stated that the lyrics refer to her relationship with Bob Dylan.[1]

The song, which was a top-40 hit for Baez on the U.S. pop singles chart, is regarded by a number of critics, as well as by Baez fans, as one of her best compositions. It served as the title song on Baez's gold-selling album Diamonds & Rust, which was released in 1975.

ADVERTISEMENT