ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp out according to Feldman

Coaches are just like members of Congress. If they get beat, some Lobbyists is always ready to give them a job, since they have friends in Congress. If a Coach gets fired, another coach owes him a favor from earlier.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
It's a tight group for sure. I've seen some lousy coaches in both football and basketball pop back up with jobs after falling on their faces. You are just one phone call and favor away from your new stop.

Reactions: willievic
Agree with a lot of what you said. I always ask the question on here when people say they want to get rid of Stoops. Fine....who are you going to hire that would be an upgrade.

As noted, Nebraska is the perfect example. What Tom Osborne did there will never happen again at Nebraska. He finished in the top 10 in 20 of his 25 seasons there. Frank Solich comes in and in his final 5 seasons, Nebraska goes 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, 7-7 and 10-3. They fire him and bring in Bill Callahan who goes 27-22. They fire him and bring in Bo Pelini. Pelini wins 9 or more games in all 7 seasons at Nebraska. They fire him and bring in Mike Riley who goes 19-19. You cannot fire guys like Solich and Pelini to bring in guys like Callahan and Riley.

Grass isn’t always greener.

And it's not just "who would be an upgrade", it's also who would fit the best. You see it all too often, a coach is burning up it up at one school, changes jobs, and falls flat on his face. It has to be the right coach and the right fit.
Tennessee is a perfect example, they've made some bad coaching hires that in some cases weren't that good and some that were a bad fit.

The fanbase always likes a coaching change, because they're tired of the way things have been going and are sure the new coach is the answer. Coaching changes scare the hell out of me because you don't know if you're going to get a filet mignon or a sh*t sandwich.

Reactions: bthaunert
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT