ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp out according to Feldman

• Muschamp — If his deal was not negotiated down in some way, the school will owe him $3.3 million for each of the next four years
  • Offensive coordinator Mike Bobo — $1.2 million in 2021
  • Defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson — $1.2 million in 2021
  • Offensive line coach Eric Wolford — $700,000 in 2021
  • Defensive line coach Tracy Rocker — $525,000 in 2021
  • Strength coach Paul Jackson — $450,000 in 2021

If there were 10 times the number of teams having games rescheduled instead of his he wouldn't give a crap.

How was he not fired 3 years ago

Uhhh...
  • Muschamp — If his deal was not negotiated down in some way, the school will owe him $3.3 million for each of the next four years
  • Offensive coordinator Mike Bobo — $1.2 million in 2021
  • Defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson — $1.2 million in 2021
  • Offensive line coach Eric Wolford — $700,000 in 2021
  • Defensive line coach Tracy Rocker — $525,000 in 2021
  • Strength coach Paul Jackson — $450,000 in 2021

Muschamp was a really good def. coordinator. Wouldn’t mind having him help White. He could teach them some blitz packages and mix it up a bit more than we are accustomed to seeing.

From what I read he got is full contract, I mean shy would he settle for anything less? He has be ed n a decent recruiter but he has always been overrated as a DC. He was the DC at LSU when Saban won his first NC znd at Texas, but at Texas they just outscored everyone with Vince Yoing, they didnt stop anyone.

As for who they go after, the Coastal Carolina Coach, Freeze and Billy Napier seem to be the top 3 with a big gap between Napier and the other 2. But who knows what's the truth at this point.

As for as Muschamp's future, UT has 3 coaches with contracts expiring and 1 who was fired. He knows Pruitt and has coached LB before. Kirby, Muschamp and Bobo are best friends, he was going to be our DC until Carolina hired him, wouldnt surprise me if he ends up as an analysis for UGA or Bama and bleeds Carolina, they fired him midseason he doesnt owe them anything and no one forced them to give him the contract.

From what I read he got is full contract, I mean shy would he settle for anything less? He has be ed n a decent recruiter but he has always been overrated as a DC. He was the DC at LSU when Saban won his first NC znd at Texas, but at Texas they just outscored everyone with Vince Yoing, they didnt stop anyone.

As for who they go after, the Coastal Carolina Coach, Freeze and Billy Napier seem to be the top 3 with a big gap between Napier and the other 2. But who knows what's the truth at this point.

As for as Muschamp's future, UT has 3 coaches with contracts expiring and 1 who was fired. He knows Pruitt and has coached LB before. Kirby, Muschamp and Bobo are best friends, he was going to be our DC until Carolina hired him, wouldnt surprise me if he ends up as an analysis for UGA or Bama and bleeds Carolina, they fired him midseason he doesnt owe them anything and no one forced them to give him the contract.
TN has other issues. School asked for 8 football assts to accept pay cuts....and they declined. Not going to end well.

TN has other issues. School asked for 8 football assts to accept pay cuts....and they declined. Not going to end well.

I dont have any idea what Muschamp wants to do, he could become the next Butch Jones and become Saban's coffee boy. He gave Kirby his first job at Valdosta St. Kirby may return the favor if we have an opening or put him on as an off the field analysis. But he has quite a few connections in th he SEC and other areas too.

I hope Muschamp sleeps well at night counting his $15,000,000 while others are getting fired to make up the money.

Somehow I think poor little Muschamp will sleep just fine.
AP_692640102031.jpg

Is South Carolina’s online coach any good? If he becomes available would that be someone Stoops looks at?

They might have trumped themselves when they hired Mike Riley in 2015 from Oregon State who hadn’t finished better than 3rd in the PAC North in his last 5 years there.
There's a lesson there, for those who want to see it. It's easy for fans to complain - and very often, their complaints are legit. It's also easy to not understand what you've got, to think that hiring another guy who's an obvious upgrade is a peace of cake, at least if your AD has any sense at all. Look at Bama football between Bear and Saban (well, other than Stallings brief ride). Look at Nebraska football since Tom. Look at UCAL basketball since Wooden, at IU basketball since Knight. The list is endless. Is there some incompetence going on there? Yep, I suspect so. There's also plain old bad luck, and - mostly - there's the bedrock truth that finding the right guy who can exploit every last thing the program has to offer, can fit in culturally, and doesn't get behind the 8 ball at the start due to key injuries, missed key recruits, sanctions or - again - just plain old bad luck......finding that guy and getting him is really hard. Something that the basketball board needs to understand - and this board, too, I suspect.....Really easy to end up worse off than you were to begin with.

There's a lesson there, for those who want to see it. It's easy for fans to complain - and very often, their complaints are legit. It's also easy to not understand what you've got, to think that hiring another guy who's an obvious upgrade is a peace of cake, at least if your AD has any sense at all. Look at Bama football between Bear and Saban (well, other than Stallings brief ride). Look at Nebraska football since Tom. Look at UCAL basketball since Wooden, at IU basketball since Knight. The list is endless. Is there some incompetence going on there? Yep, I suspect so. There's also plain old bad luck, and - mostly - there's the bedrock truth that finding the right guy who can exploit every last thing the program has to offer, can fit in culturally, and doesn't get behind the 8 ball at the start due to key injuries, missed key recruits, sanctions or - again - just plain old bad luck......finding that guy and getting him is really hard. Something that the basketball board needs to understand - and this board, too, I suspect.....Really easy to end up worse off than you were to begin with.
Agree with a lot of what you said. I always ask the question on here when people say they want to get rid of Stoops. Fine....who are you going to hire that would be an upgrade.

As noted, Nebraska is the perfect example. What Tom Osborne did there will never happen again at Nebraska. He finished in the top 10 in 20 of his 25 seasons there. Frank Solich comes in and in his final 5 seasons, Nebraska goes 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, 7-7 and 10-3. They fire him and bring in Bill Callahan who goes 27-22. They fire him and bring in Bo Pelini. Pelini wins 9 or more games in all 7 seasons at Nebraska. They fire him and bring in Mike Riley who goes 19-19. You cannot fire guys like Solich and Pelini to bring in guys like Callahan and Riley.

Grass isn’t always greener.

Agree with a lot of what you said. I always ask the question on here when people say they want to get rid of Stoops. Fine....who are you going to hire that would be an upgrade.

As noted, Nebraska is the perfect example. What Tom Osborne did there will never happen again at Nebraska. He finished in the top 10 in 20 of his 25 seasons there. Frank Solich comes in and in his final 5 seasons, Nebraska goes 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, 7-7 and 10-3. They fire him and bring in Bill Callahan who goes 27-22. They fire him and bring in Bo Pelini. Pelini wins 9 or more games in all 7 seasons at Nebraska. They fire him and bring in Mike Riley who goes 19-19. You cannot fire guys like Solich and Pelini to bring in guys like Callahan and Riley.

Grass isn’t always greener.

And the next 'savior', Scott Frost, isn't exactly tearing it up, either. NE is the TN of the B1G, imo. Great history, pretty mediocre (or worse) recent history which, in this day and age, is all that matters. NE history is >> TN but TN's fall hasn't been to the level of NE (yet). One wonders if USC isn't next. They haven't hit rock bottom but Pete Carroll's years were 10+ years ago and they've had a string of mediocre coaches since then. And, on paper, USC should be a dream job: great university, great location, tradition and money out the wazoo and a ton of top athletes within a 3 hour drive of LA. Just goes to show that you still need a top flight coach to take maximize the inherent advantages. Urban Meyer would have USC in the CFP 4 out of every 5 years, imo. He'd kill it there.

I dont have any idea what Muschamp wants to do, he could become the next Butch Jones and become Saban's coffee boy. He gave Kirby his first job at Valdosta St. Kirby may return the favor if we have an opening or put him on as an off the field analysis. But he has quite a few connections in th he SEC and other areas too.

Coaches are just like members of Congress. If they get beat, some Lobbyists is always ready to give them a job, since they have friends in Congress. If a Coach gets fired, another coach owes him a favor from earlier.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT