ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Lion

DQyLuDHUEAIhSi5.jpg

We desperately needed a new mountain lion thread...its been a couple years.

well KY borders MO so ipso facto they must be in KY as well

There is no direct route into KY. Illinois or Tennessee has direct routes after the Cat crosses a bridge. The known population starts west of the bootheel. The bootheel is not heavily timbered. They are migrating east. Matter of time.

With that said, everybody and their brother has not seen a Mountain Lion. There are 40 pound bobcats. And 90 pound yellow labs.

Last edited:
571e8b499f7a6.image.jpg

Here's one in a guy's backyard tree, about 1000 feet from my house.

571e8b4a3c7a3.image.jpg

Captured by Fish and Game and relocated to Kentucky.

How do you know it was relocated to KY? Not trying to be a smart arse, just wondering.

I spotted one outside of Stamping Ground on Bonds Pike, honestly. I also know what one looks like, have fished/hunted most of my life. Watched many documentaries on ML’s via NGC, DSC, ANML Planet etc.... Nobody will believe this but that’s fine, still saw it.

I spotted one outside of Stamping Ground on Bonds Pike, honestly. I also know what one looks like, have fished/hunted most of my life. Watched many documentaries on ML’s via NGC, DSC, ANML Planet etc.... Nobody will believe this but that’s fine, still saw it.

When? Just curious.

Do we need a weeklong series of Top Feral Cat Smackdown polls? I can whip that up in a jiffy. @Mashburned would probably complain because Lynx didn't make it past the regional semifinals.

Yes, do it in a jiffy. Need something to complain about before THE GREAT CHICKEN DEBATE 2018 comes along.

black panther > any other cat

I don't know if there's any in KY or not, but TN fish and wildlife has stated they are once again in the state.

Also, last year pictures of one were captured on a trail cam in Obion Co TN, which borders Western KY.

Reactions: 78Gooses
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT