ADVERTISEMENT

Most intriguing player on the team thus far

Chandler and Kerr Kriisa are the 2 I am wondering about the most. Will Chandler have lost being in game shape or be rusty/lost his edge from not playing organized ball for a few years? It might take awhile if so. With Kriisa it’s a bit different because his claim to fame is a bit of sh$t talking. I know it happens in every game but I’m not so excited having a guy like that constantly every game at UK. I never saw UK needing to do that. I trust Pope will keep it within a certain level of reason.

Ortega. Middle child syndrome. Looked over because of not being first or last recruit but possibly has the total basketball skills and athletic ability that will lead to break out year.

Has some experience but has some time left to make the jump. Many people want Lanier or Robinson but double O will be called triple O in Pope’s system.
I agree. He could be better than the other two

Is Collin chandler. Was a mid 30s recruit out of high school in 2020. He’s gonna be 20 or 21. He was set on a Utah school but pope lured him. I’m really interested to see him play this season. Could be a difference maker.
Without a doubt

Ortega. Middle child syndrome. Looked over because of not being first or last recruit but possibly has the total basketball skills and athletic ability that will lead to break out year.

Has some experience but has some time left to make the jump. Many people want Lanier or Robinson but double O will be called triple O in Pope’s system.
I hope you are right. I may be drinking the blue kool-aid, but I really like the team. Do I wish we could pull in Lanier or Robinson, sure. But if we don’t, I am excited about the group we have.

I am hopeful that an efficient system that gets people open through read and react pick-n-roll rather than relying on athletic ability and dribble drive will accentuate and raise the level for all on board!

This roster is better 1-11 than BYU’s roster. The only exception being Robinson, in my view.

I hope you are right. I may be drinking the blue kool-aid, but I really like the team. Do I wish we could pull in Lanier or Robinson, sure. But if we don’t, I am excited about the group we have.

I am hopeful that an efficient system that gets people open through read and react pick-n-roll rather than relying on athletic ability and dribble drive will accentuate and raise the level for all on board!

This roster is better 1-11 than BYU’s roster. The only exception being Robinson, in my view.

The system allowed Robinson to break out. O could do the same and if he doesn’t well you can bet he will play great on the ball defense. That’s something he already excels at.

Reactions: NerlensCat
The system allowed Robinson to break out. O could do the same and if he doesn’t well you can bet he will play great on the ball defense. That’s something he already excels at.
I really love guys who take it personally to stop their man. So many that come from AAU/shoe circuit are all offense and no defence.

100%. And unlike when Cow was here, i feel like Pope will prepare for the tourney well. I know the criticism of him only winning 1 or maybe no ncaa games but he's gonna have more talent here. Yes, we will play a tougher schedule but we have guys who will compete. None of this just roll out the ball nonsense.

i'm excited to see what we will do!!
I’m not sure some of our fans realize just how much cal did this with very little actual coaching going on including game planning. For younger fans they are going to watch a coached basketball team for their first time ever. I’m with you on the excitement!!! Going to be looking forward to watching games again and actually enjoying the game. The last several years the enjoyment just hasn’t been there although last years team was fun to watch but one still couldn’t fully enjoy it as you knew cal would screw it up which he obviously did.

For me, it's Colin Chandler as well. From what I've seen, he's got the ability to be a scorer at all three levels. With his added height, I only see weight and experience as his only drawbacks. I think he will surprise a lot of fans.
I think by mid season he will start or play starter minutes.

Reactions: ukpence
Is Collin chandler. Was a mid 30s recruit out of high school in 2020. He’s gonna be 20 or 21. He was set on a Utah school but pope lured him. I’m really interested to see him play this season. Could be a difference maker.
For me it’s Otega Oweh. I think he’s the most likely player to be a draft pick next year. Big, strong player with a decent shot. I’m curious to see if you can keep improving that shot under Pope.

Chandler needs to live in the weight room. I think we can all agree on that.
His early pictures are not what he looks like now. He is two years taller, two years stronger and most important, two years more mature. He a legit Top 30 player.

Reactions: delk4three
I'm intrigued by most of the guys on the roster, but one that I think could be a little underrated is Koby Brea.

Have now watched 3-4 of Daytons games from last season and Brea was impressive in all of them. Elite shooter obviously, but has some grit to him. Makes the right basketball play, is 6'6 and a pretty good athlete. They never really ran plays for him, every shot he took was within flow of the game.

I think he's capable of getting 16+ a game on efficient shooting (while also being a non-liability on defense)
Brea is essentially Kellan Grady.

Will be interesting is he continues to just be a knock down catch and shoot in the flow of the offense guy; or if he becomes more assertive and shows some off the bounce game.

When Grady had to run point a couple games in his one season here, you saw how capable his all around game was…. And then came the infamous “guess I’ll go stand in my corner again now” quote once TyTy was back

What I find intriguing is how many different names are mentioned in an intriguing player thread.

Should be a fun ride and dare I say…an intriguing season.

Reactions: know1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT