ADVERTISEMENT

Moreno jumps 35 spots to #22 in Rivals

But, but Pope cant recruit.
There’s a difference between he cant and he hasn’t had the chance to. He’d never been in the position he’s in the land top players. He’s been at ****in Utah Valley and BYU [roll] .

No evidence he’s been able to recruit because he’s never really been in the position to. He’s proving himself right now.

I don’t recall seeing anybody post that he couldn’t recruit. Nobody knew if he could or not.

There’s a difference between he cant and he hasn’t had the chance to. He’d never been in the position he’s in the land top players. He’s been at ****in Utah Valley and BYU [roll] .

No evidence he’s been able to recruit because he’s never really been in the position to. He’s proving himself right now.

I don’t recall seeing anybody post that he couldn’t recruit. Nobody knew if he could or not.
Truth

If we wanted another Cal type team, we'd have hyped recruits.

No way I'm watching this team because of their individual rankings, I just want us to have a decent team.

Reactions: TopCatCal
It's a fair criticism for fans or outsiders to look at Pope and say he hasn't shown he can recruit at a big dog level yet when he was hired.

No one has done something until they do though. Think it's clear now he's got juice on the recruiting trail. Just needs to follow up with wins and demonstrate development of elite talent. Recruits will fall into place.

With all his efforts and the number of offers he has out he is gonna do great. Puts in the work.

He’s also recruiting to a defined system which alters his method from Cal who signed the best he could regardless of need and system and then said 10 games into the season that “he was trying to find the best way for them to play”. It’s different. I like the defined system style.

I also think CMP is looking for a certain type of team player who doesn’t come to school with the priority of getting out asap to the pros or how much nil. Someone who is invested in winning a title. Not saying we won’t have some 1 & dones but are team oriented first.

You are 100% exactly right. With the wide open offense that Mark Pope runs & with his personality & with the UK name to recruit with. Pope will be able to recruit at the same level that Calipari did. The only difference will be that with Pope we will have a coach that will know how to let his talent overwhelm the other teams. No more embarrassing 1st round losses to the Saint Peter's & Oakland's of the college basketball world. Man I's so glad that Calipari is out of here. What a breath of fresh air that Mark Pope is.

You are 100% exactly right. With the wide open offense that Mark Pope runs & with his personality & with the UK name to recruit with. Pope will be able to recruit at the same level that Calipari did. The only difference will be that with Pope we will have a coach that will know how to let his talent overwhelm the other teams. No more embarrassing 1st round losses to the Saint Peter's & Oakland's of the college basketball world. Man I's so glad that Calipari is out of here. What a breath of fresh air that Mark Pope is.
Wish this would have happened 5 years ago !

Yeah people acting like it's a big gotcha, are hilarious. Dude coached at Utah valley and BYU.

That said, if Pope can get a few of these guys to the NBA (I know, but it's important to recruits) and demonstrate he knows what he's doing for recruits development. The mill will open up. But I have a lot of faith in Pope. I didn't like the hire at first. But now I'm on board. I think he could be our verison of Oats.

I don't think Moreno is as soft as Bradshaw. Moreno understands that he is a center and plays inside. Bradshaw thought he was the next Kevin Durant and ccc started that crap when talked about starting him at forward.

Moreno seems more mature mentally and emotionally. Bradshaw seemed so young in those two areas.

I think he could be our verison of Oats.
I always wanted Oats at Kentucky. That playing style with the UK brand is dynamite waiting to happen. Said the same thing with Cal and the dribble drive when he was hired.

But if we can get Oats’ style with a guy that PLAYED at UK and won’t leave Kentucky for the NBA as soon as he can, won’t constantly be flirting with the NBA like Cal did… then that’s even better.

Not used to seeing a rise AFTER committing to UK. Maybe they know these guys won’t be ruined going forward
I was thinking the same thing. Usually they take a nose dive in the rankings about 5 minutes after committing to UK.

There were a few Cal slurpers on here claiming we were going to be at UofL's Kenny Payne level when he was hired. And they complained when he didn't have a full roster set a week after he was hired. There were skeptics. But I think he's putting those skeptics to rest. Pope has a great and engaging personality that I think a lot of kids would love to play for. And once they see the system in action, I hope it opens the eyes of a lot more recruits and we have kids clamoring to come here. Just hope the NIL deals can keep up.

Reactions: RunninRichie
There were a few Cal slurpers on here claiming we were going to be at UofL's Kenny Payne level when he was hired. And they complained when he didn't have a full roster set a week after he was hired. There were skeptics. But I think he's putting those skeptics to rest. Pope has a great and engaging personality that I think a lot of kids would love to play for. And once they see the system in action, I hope it opens the eyes of a lot more recruits and we have kids clamoring to come here. Just hope the NIL deals can keep up.
I was one of the skeptics. He's put me to rest so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT