ADVERTISEMENT

Mookie Cook Decommits

Rumors are flying in Twitter that he’s UK bound.

Cal be like:

giphy.gif

Wasn’t cook at one point a potential reclass?? I don’t want. Anymore midseason adds unless it’s a transfer like OT.

I’d rather have Edwards. And it looks like we are in a great position with him.

Reactions: Padsfs07
Jai was his recurring contact. Does Duke reach out? Plus I seen that Mookie is playing a young LeBron in Shooting Stars. Maybe Lebron's Duke favoritism persuades Mookie to Duke. No inside info just courious.

I could be wrong but when I’ve watched him a little bit I see much more of a 3/4 tweener along the lines of Ron Holland than a pure 3 like Justin Edwards. IMO those two are the either or not Cook and Edwards. But who knows what’s going on with Cook. He’s playing LeBron in a movie and not involved in anything this summer, basketball wise, to my knowledge. I remember there being reclass talk a while ago but like I said I feel like news on him has shriveled up since that Oregon commit this spring.

I know nothing about him but given he was committed to Oregon and he lists Gonzaga as an interest...it seems like Gonzaga to me.

I could be wrong but when I’ve watched him a little bit I see much more of a 3/4 tweener along the lines of Ron Holland than a pure 3 like Justin Edwards. IMO those two are the either or not Cook and Edwards. But who knows what’s going on with Cook. He’s playing LeBron in a movie and not involved in anything this summer, basketball wise, to my knowledge. I remember there being reclass talk a while ago but like I said I feel like news on him has shriveled up since that Oregon commit this spring.
Feels like we're closing the deal on Edwards. I'd assume Edwards wouldn't like it one bit getting re-involved with Cook when earlier he was supposedly not feeling enough love from UK.
If Cook wants to re-classify to 2022, that's another story. A 10-man roster is too thin and assuming Thiero won't play much it' s almost a 9-man roster. 😐

Feels like we're closing the deal on Edwards. I'd assume Edwards wouldn't like it one bit getting re-involved with Cook when earlier he was supposedly not feeling enough love from UK.
If Cook wants to re-classify to 2022, that's another story. A 10-man roster is too thin and assuming Thiero won't play much it' s almost a 9-man roster. 😐
I hope you’re right Smash! Edwards is my favorite guy to add to our current/expected(adding the Bradshaw/Kingsley) class. I’m not sure he’s skilled enough to warrant the top 5 ranking he had previously but even if he’s top 20 like, as deep as our connections are with him it would be hard not to reach out! We see all those pictures of Cal at these events, he always has his phone in his hand!

Thanks to different approaches and different assistants our recruiting is fun again!

Wasn’t cook at one point a potential reclass?? I don’t want. Anymore midseason adds unless it’s a transfer like OT.
Yep, before he committed to Oregon, Jack Pilgrim said if he reclassed he would probably pick UK, but it would be Oregon if he stayed in 2023. I remember him saying that on a sources say podcast.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The article Tucker just wrote hints at Kentucky maybe adding a piece for this year so who knows
Just came to post this! That article was the first time this whole off-season he’s not went with the steadfast line of the roster being set. I’m guessing the reasoning is much more Kingsley than Cook but regardless his change in tone was noticeable since it was just an article about how the players looked in practice.

Just came to post this! That article was the first time this whole off-season he’s not went with the steadfast line of the roster being set. I’m guessing the reasoning is much more Kingsley than Cook but regardless his change in tone was noticeable since it was just an article about how the players looked in practice.
Kingsley would be nice I was hoping for another shooter but if anybody wants to come to Kentucky we should welcome them.

I didn’t know cook already reclassed for the upcoming year so he is probably looking for a team where the starting spot is guaranteed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT