ADVERTISEMENT

Model Update this Morning, Cats Slip

Aike, I always appreciate your posts with your model. From an uneducated point of view don't always understand them completely, but that's on me. My question is do you compare how you fare against the other rankings each year heading into the tournament? Has your model been more predictive and accurate of how teams actually fared?
I did a comparison year one vs. Kenpom, and I outperformed it. Haven’t taken the time to do that since.

Reactions: KyWildcatDon
Aike,

No matter how long you post this information, the mentally challenged are never going to understand it. They attack you as if they are your personal rankings.

I appreciate your effort and hope you continue to post up your findings.

Clicked on this by accident. Not sure why anyone cares about a MODEL. Play the damn games and try to win them all. AP and Coaches polls are the only thing that matters. I won't be back. But keep on keeping on.
This is the second straight week you accidentally posted in my thread. [laughing]

• Haha
Reactions: UK67KU59
Aike,

No matter how long you post this information, the mentally challenged are never going to understand it. They attack you as if they are your personal rankings.

I appreciate your effort and hope you continue to post up your findings.
Appreciate it. Some people are just strange. No two ways about it.

Nice work Aike. I like watching it progress over the season and appreciate the time it takes to share.

Reading the thread was quite enjoyable until a couple of aholes derailed it. Not surprised though.

Reactions: Aike
In my humble opinion there is currently a clear Tier 1 of: Purdue, Arizona, Houston, and UCONN. (I know Houston’s schedule has been weak and UCONN’s best player is out and may remain out for the next 3 weeks). UK is still very much a work in progress in Tier 2 with: KU, UNC, Marquette and Tennessee. We have the most talented roster and highest ceiling in the country. But the perimeter defense and 3 point shooting contesting MUST improve or we will remain susceptible to being upset by any team who gets hot from 3 or has elite penetrating guards.

I think UNC is already close to their ceiling. They just don’t have a lot of great pieces imo. Bacot is sort of like Oscar imo. He’s a terrific college player but he has obvious limitations that can be taken advantage of.

RJ Davis is terrific too. Legit AA caliber guard. But he’s also small and there are teams out there that can take advantage of that on the other end.

Kansas…man…i don’t know what to think about them. They’re pulling out a lot of close games just as they did in 22 when they won the title. They have had a LOT of stuff go their way. Their assist percentage is among the highest if not the highest in the country and they defend really well. But arguably they should have lost to us, uconn and tcu on top of getting smoked by Marquette. And on paper they don’t seem like they should be that good.

Tennessee has played well early in the season again. All 3 of their losses were to good teams. But i’ll never believe there a contender until Barnes proves he can get it done in march.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT