ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft

Got to feel sorry for Heady. I believe he went in the 12th round out of high school, but battled injuries throughout his career at UK and now he's only going 23rd. Give him credit for still playing and getting through it and getting drafted, well up from what he was drafted a year ago, but still kind of stinks that he had such poor luck.

Got to feel sorry for Heady. I believe he went in the 12th round out of high school, but battled injuries throughout his career at UK and now he's only going 23rd. Give him credit for still playing and getting through it and getting drafted, well up from what he was drafted a year ago, but still kind of stinks that he had such poor luck.
Yup, but at least he has a degree in hand now. Tough to make it to the majors as a 12th rounder (or any round for that matter), now hopefully he has a good backup plan if things don't work out in baseball.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I've been out all day, but the commitments drafted so far have been: Aaron Perry, Joey Cantillo and Jackson Stoeckinger?

Albert Pujols was drafted in the 13th round, Heady is no Albert, but he may make it some day to the show.

Last edited:
Heady has some improvements to make, but he has a good glove and some good range and some good power for his size. If he can stay healthy and put on a bit more weight then he might end up being a solid middle infielder. Not sure if he can translate that to the major, but he will still be pretty valuable to someone.

For a kid as tall and talented as he is, does not really throw all that hard. I think another year in UK's weight program, and experience and he could really be a hell of pitcher next year.
He has a very easy delivery, he was hitting 93-94 against South Carolina in the SEC tournament game.He needs to take a month off regardless and let that nail heal.

Someone told me that his family is the same family that owns the big funeral home chain Arch Heady in the Louisville area. Is this true? I think he'll land on his feet in any case.

ADVERTISEMENT