ADVERTISEMENT

MJ sticking with still no offers made

That makes more sense than the idea that we have multiple simultaneous offers out there. I imagine today was spent ironing out exactly what Hurley and Drew are thinking and what kind of contract+incentives it will take to close the deal.

He’s so wrong and just making it up. No high profile coaching search is gonna work that way.

The plane was in Waco with UK folks making a formal offer. Either Drew is still considering it or Mitch knows the answer is no.

You don’t offer jobs to 3 people at once and say first one who says yes gets it. It’s absurd.

That’s always been his schtick …just repeats what someone else is saying, or spouts vague speculation …but in a tone designed to try to make us think it’s based on inside knowledge.
I don’t know if Matt has good sources or not, but he didn’t repeat what someone else said. He is saying the story is different than what others are reporting.

I have a feeling that Hurley takes this job. I think he wants to go down as one of the greatest of all time and UConn won't have him considered that way
Based on guys returning and some guys they already expect to get in the portal, UCONN will be top 5 and could easily 3-peat. At that point ether nothing he could do at KY that would cement his legacy. He would join John Wooden.

It sucks that self important blowhards have to interject with their "take" when they have zero inside info or news to report. Absolute clown shoes for MJ.

My guess is that Mitch is just now finishing up the feelers phase. He will soon begin doing interviews, then make an offer to someone. I doubt any legit offers have been made. It's also pretty clear that he has interest in Donovan and is trying to stall until the right time to contact him.

He’s so wrong and just making it up. No high profile coaching search is gonna work that way.

The plane was in Waco with UK folks making a formal offer. Either Drew is still considering it or Mitch knows the answer is no.

You don’t offer jobs to 3 people at once and say first one who says yes gets it. It’s absurd.
Plane is back in the air heading southwest. Except this time the tracking info does not list where it's going.

Trackety Track

Matt jones lmao obvious he has no clue Jeff Drummond the one to listen too

I will say I do think Matt might finally be in a bit of the loop here.

Barnhart likes KSR, and think Barnhart secretly liked when KSR would give Cal a hard time, etc.

I think he might be getting some nuggets of info here or there.
I think jones does have sources in the athletic department, just not on the basketball staff. So this may be one of the periods where he knows more than most

Reactions: dl51344 and FltDoc
KSR has theft info for years from pay sites and passed along as their own.

They literally have zero sources. Ryan Lemmond has the sources, no one else does over there, including Pilgrim who has been wrong about nearly every recruitment or prediction he has made over the past two seasons.

He’s got some connections more than probably any of us, Hurley Donavan and Drew all in play imo. Go get one of them and let’s roll.

This reminds me of Jones in the past saying player X is a 60 percent lean to UK and player Z is an 89 percent lean.🤦‍♀️

Yep. I keep checking the "Full Details" tab on the left but still no landing airport code.

Maybe there's a pilot here with paid access to this tracking that can see more. It will likely be Temple (KTPL) airport which is where it left from this morning.
Something is going down there. Could be Drew accepted? Idk, but there's smoke there. That's 2 trips to Texas now. In the same day.

He said Drew has until 6pm tomorrow to accept an offer. And that Mitch has 3 zoom calls set up tomorrow that will be canceled if Drew accepts first. He said it was only one source, not multiple, that told him this but the source is very solid.
Where did he say this?

I think jones does have sources in the athletic department, just not on the basketball staff. So this may be one of the periods where he knows more than most

Yeah exactly. Exactly what I am thinking....I think he could have some juice here- no a ton, but some.

Reactions: Rockfly78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT