ADVERTISEMENT

Minor topic, but walk-ons?

Jan 27, 2023
Has there been any discussion as far as how walk-ons under Pope will be handled? Will he go back to a try out system? Will it still be nepotism based? I don’t think it matters too much as to how the walk-ons are picked, but I assume you still want two guys to help run practices and you know, for gpa purposes.

Has there been any discussion as far as how walk-ons under Pope will be handled? Will he go back to a try out system? Will it still be nepotism based? I don’t think it matters too much as to how the walk-ons are picked, but I assume you still want two guys to help run practices and you know, for gpa purposes.
I'd go after the kids that have the highest chance of being millionaires, outside of athletics. I don't care if they can dribble a basketball. This program needs more high-rolling donors.

If that's the case then Yes I will be trying out this yr team been doing extra laps on the mower to prepare myself taking extra naps clear mind cant loose. Go Big Blue

It wouldn’t be difficult to invite incoming UK freshmen or currently enrolled students who played high school ball to a tryout

Reactions: JASUN74
I like a couple that could remotely play in desperate need, possibly hopeful future coach types or just guys that would rather walk on here than play for Transy or whatever.

Then mostly it is about propping up GPA and opportunities for "political" favors/incentives/seeding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT