ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Jordan Hates Calipari

Is this for real? 💀
I really just remember the end of Dean’s run, but if you talk to a UK fan or college basketball fan in their 60s or 70s they will absolutely have that opinion of Dean. I can remember my dad saying it when he was still at UNC. As for the Robey incident I’m not sure anyone can confirm exactly what was said, but it was something like that. I actually just listened to Oscars podcast with Ralph Hacker and they talked about that game/incident.

I really dont care what Jordan says about UK basketball. Jordan played for the most over rated
coach of all time. Dean Smith did less with the most talent of all time. Dean's claim to fame is he himself
is responsible for the shotclock with his chicken shit four corners. Smith also would bitch at players on
the other team. I am old enough to remember when the great Smith called Rick Robey a SOB in the regional final game in 1977. When Barnes was at Clemson he also called out Smith for the same thing. So please MJ just shut up the f up .
How many players did Dean put in NBA? Cal? Just saying both have had poor results for talent in Program.

I've said this before, I remember reading an article one of the Memphis sports writers wrote when Cal left Memphis to come to UK. He said, " When Cal gets there, everyone will love him. By the time he leaves, those same people will hate him. " I don't know what occured to prompt him to write that, but it's absolutely true.

Jordan is one of the great all time BB players and seems to have good character, I have to agree with what he thinks of Cal of course I don't hate Cal I just wish he would be gone as Ky coach.
lol at you saying Jordan has good character.

His “hatred” of Calipari goes back to when he was with the Nets and he was constantly hollering and screaming, and Jordan asked one of the players how they put up with that bullcrap.

Michael Jordan is the 2nd best player of all time but he has no room talking about someone’s character. He’s not exactly a wizard at building winning teams, either.
This is what I came to say. Jordan, by all accounts, is a huge asshole and most probably feign liking him at best because he is the goat (1a, 1b, etc he is still a 1).

People can hate Cal for a bunch of reasons, but he at least manages to obfuscate some of it by raising millions for charity, being community oriented, etc.

Character wise: cal > jordan any day

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I’m starting to believe the only reason we won that title is because of having a transcendent, generational talent in AD, and the NBA lockout forcing Lamb and Jones to stay.
Most likely both were necessary. I don’t see it happening with just AD or just lamb and jones.

Waayy over stating this though. Not that deep.

Jordan looked for something to piss him off every time he played. He has stated he would make stuff up in his head that opponents said to him just to get himself worked up. He was psycho competitive. The main thing that made him the goat. Cal was on the opposing sideline, of course he hated him.

He may not like Cal, but it's clearly that, because it's so minor and petty. 😄

I’m starting to believe the only reason we won that title is because of having a transcendent, generational talent in AD, and the NBA lockout forcing Lamb and Jones to stay.
I mean we almost did in 2014 and 2015 as well so I do believe the rosters played a big role of course but I think he cared and had Robic. That had to be the biggest thing because after him he’s not been the same.

20200515-155620-Screen-Shot-2020-05-15-at-3.53.16-PM.png.jpg

I do think at one point he could actually coach but sometime after he won in 2012 he just stopped caring as much.
He was absolutely the best college basketball coach in the world when he came to Kentucky. He was hungry and had worked his entire life to get here! Like you said though, after he won the title, like ten minutes after, he did that post game interview. He said “ Now we have got that out of the way”. He should have said , “ Now we got that first one I want more! But no, he went on to talk about the draft being the most important day in Kentucky Basketball history!! I knew then he was ready to Coast. I 100% want that 2010 coach Cal back but that man died after 2012 and I’m sad about that. Ha. Cal done the work when he was young and hungry, he wasn’t a rich man then and he fought hard to make himself a killer. Saying this, I appreciate what he did for a few years here but I don’t give even half of one poop about kids making the NBA. I want Kentucky Basketball back and I want someone who wants Kentucky Basketball first. Sorry this is so long, but like a lot of you all I have loved this program since I was a baby and will die loving my Cats. I’m not going to apologize about it either.

I've said this before, I remember reading an article one of the Memphis sports writers wrote when Cal left Memphis to come to UK. He said, " When Cal gets there, everyone will love him. By the time he leaves, those same people will hate him. " I don't know what occured to prompt him to write that, but it's absolutely true.
well they sure threw a heck of a fit when he left for someone to be hated

Jordan is one of the great all time BB players and seems to have good character, I have to agree with what he thinks of Cal of course I don't hate Cal I just wish he would be gone as Ky coach.
Jordan was a great player but never heard of him having great character traits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT