ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer logs a prediction for Banchero to UT

We didn't pursue grad transfers until we missed on all of our top bigs in high school. Then we missed on the first grad transfer we went after. So what is your point? We won't land top grad transfers now?

My point is there is the main big man developer in the nation is gone. It's really that simple.
I love cal too. But cmon folks facts are just facts.

Will bruiser somehow suddenly turn into someone he never was before and be that man? I hope so. I'd love to be wrong.

Lol we were like 1 for 15 for our last big man recruits, what the hell are you guys talking about? We got a miracle through transfer this year with absolutely no competition at the position.
And you think Bruiser is going to do better?

Is Bruiser going to develop whatever bigs we do get? KP did a fantastic job developing our bigs.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/8/1...ennessee-vols-paolo-banchero-kennedy-chandler

I still feel semi confident Cal can pull Banchero in, but Chandler going to UT as expected and KP to the Knicks, doesn’t really make you feel to good about this kid ending up in Lexington. Time will tell, but if we lose him to Barnes I’ll feel some concern brewing about the class of 21’, and our overall position in the SEC for the 21-22’ season.
#weneedanelitebig
Lose? Did he verbal to us and then back out?

Reactions: EdgeHD
And you think Bruiser is going to do better?

Is Bruiser going to develop whatever bigs we do get? KP did a fantastic job developing our bigs.

So you’re completely changing the argument now to development? Just letting your last argument go and completely changing the subject to something else?

So you’re completely changing the argument now to development? Just letting your last argument go and completely changing the subject to something else?
No, it's still about Banchero and how he feels about this program. If I'm Banchero, I want to be coached by the best, KP is the best, he's proven he's the best, Bruiser hasn't. So the subject has not changed.

You made a statement about how the staff sucked recruiting big men into the program, well, Banchero was on the hook, now KP is out and now we're seeing people pick Banchero to UT, so my comments are very much valid here. You can disagree with them if you want, you would be wrong, but you can still go ahead and disagree.

Coach Payne left. Its not as if we picked Coach Flint over Coach Payne. Those weren't the choices. Cal is comfortable with Bruiser. I'm still comfortable with Cal. Therefore, I'm going to wait and see how Bruiser does. Many HC that didn't hit it big make great assistants.

Barnes got Kevin Durant from Maryland to go to Texas. I’m sure he is on the up and up in his recruiting!!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Weingarten also picking UT, which is the easy choice. I'd still be surprised if that happens.

You made a statement about how the staff sucked recruiting big men into the program, well, Banchero was on the hook, now KP is out and now we're seeing people pick Banchero to UT, so my comments are very much valid here.

The above pick is from July 11th, one month before KP left. We’ve been terrible recruiting big men for the last five years, and Banchero was clearly not “on the hook”. That’s called check mate my friend. Pure, irrefutable evidence. Now go enjoy your Sunday knowing you’ve just been owned on this message board. I shall be celebrating this with a smile on my face all week. I mean wow, what a beating. What a beating. Unbelievable.

The above pick is from July 11th, one month before KP left. We’ve been terrible recruiting big men for the last five years, and Banchero was clearly not “on the hook”. That’s called check mate my friend. Pure, irrefutable evidence. Now go enjoy your Sunday knowing you’ve just been owned on this message board. I shall be celebrating this with a smile on my face all week. I mean wow, what a beating. What a beating. Unbelievable.
Funny and weird.
UK, according to picks from May 2020, UK had a 33% chance along with UT and Washington, now, right after we lose KP, it looks like UT has taken the lead.

Well, that was a short lived celebration. Put your cosmopolitan down.

Paolo Banchero's Crystal Ball Predictions
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Paolo-Banchero-at-O-Dea-217829/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Funny and weird.
UK, according to picks from May 2020, UK had a 33% chance along with UT and Washington, now, right after we lose KP, it looks like UT has taken the lead.

Well, that was a short lived celebration. Put your cosmopolitan down.

Paolo Banchero's Crystal Ball Predictions
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Paolo-Banchero-at-O-Dea-217829/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Oh man, completely changing the argument again, and on the sabbath? Yikes. 33% chance was “on the hook”? We been dominating with big man recruits the last five years? Where’s the hole going Kentucky’s number 1 fan named Jeff? How far does it go?

Oh man, completely changing the argument again, and on the sabbath? Yikes. 33% chance was “on the hook”? We been dominating with big man recruits the last five years? Where’s the hole going Kentucky’s number 1 fan named Jeff? How far does it go?
I guess you must first understand what "on the hook" implies. It doesn't guarantee a catch and where did I ever say we have been dominating with big man recruits the last 5 years??? So is that what we're doing now, making crap up?

Gonna take awhile before people accept reality. If they ever do. Losing kp kills us short term especially with big man recruits.

Yup and it could cost us Banchero.

t.

Cmon Jeffrey, don’t act dumb. What are you implying with your post? The post I was originally responding to? You were implying that losing KP is going to hurt us real bad with big man HS recruits, weren’t you? Cmon, don’t lie. We’ve been really bad with big man recruits the last five years even with KP, haven’t we Jeff? Do you now understand why I’m saying we’ve been bad at recruiting bigs the last five years, so you now understand why that would be relevant to the conversation we’re having? Is it clearer now?

Cmon Jeffrey, don’t act dumb. What are you implying with your post? The post I was originally responding to? You were implying that losing KP is going to hurt us real bad with big man HS recruits, weren’t you? Cmon, don’t lie. We’ve been really bad with big man recruits the last five years even with KP, haven’t we Jeff? Do you now understand why I’m saying we’ve been bad at recruiting bigs the last five years, so you now understand why that would be relevant to the conversation we’re having? Is it clearer now?
Are you stoned right now? I said "yup, and it could cost us Banchero too". That’s all I said, but you're implying that I said something totally different.

What I said is VERY true, losing KP very well COULD cost us Banchero.

Forget about what position Banchero plays, it’s not about that, it's about the individual and his relationship with those that are recruiting him. Position doesn't matter. If Paolo and KP had a strong relationship, losing KP would be a death blow to our chances.

Put the bong down.

Are you stoned right now? I said "yup, and it could cost us Banchero too". That’s all I said, but you're implying that I said something totally different.

What I said is VERY true, losing KP very well COULD cost us Banchero.

Forget about what position Banchero plays, it’s not about that, it's about the individual and his relationship with those that are recruiting him. Position doesn't matter. If Paolo and KP had a strong relationship, losing KP would be a death blow to our chances.

Put the bong down.

Well it took several posts but looks like we’ve finally reached both a conclusion and an agreement. I agree 100% with apparently what your point was all along: that losing KP COULD effect us with Banchero (much in the same way that a meteor COULD strike earth tomorrow). In fact it’s almost impossible to disagree with such a vanilla statement, but a statement nonetheless. It also sounds like you didn’t mean to agree with the poster that emphatically stated losing KP WILL kill us with big man recruits, as that’s totally different from what your saying in your last post, so we finally agree there (especially since KP has been doing a dismal job with recruiting our big man recruits the last five years).
What I do hope for, and I’m sure you do too, is that bruiser might do a better job keeping recruits to stay after they haven’t been developed or when their draft chances are low (Issac Humphries, EJ Montgomery, etc). Hell, maybe Bruiser helped with Marcus Camby, beats me as I don’t really pay attention to assistants that much. Either way, enjoy your Sunday Wildcat Friend!

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm just glad it was Jerry Meyer who put that selection in as part of it is his fandom and if there is ever a lazier, more uninformed guy who holds "expert" status, I'd have to search far/wide to find them. The guy attends 1/2 events a year, stays on 1 court, never has eyes on action and runs to the stat guys and talks up players who scored as "best players" or makes up excuses.

Well it took several posts but looks like we’ve finally reached both a conclusion and an agreement. I agree 100% with apparently what your point was all along: that losing KP COULD effect us with Banchero (much in the same way that a meteor COULD strike earth tomorrow). In fact it’s almost impossible to disagree with such a vanilla statement, but a statement nonetheless. It also sounds like you didn’t mean to agree with the poster that emphatically stated losing KP WILL kill us with big man recruits, as that’s totally different from what your saying in your last post, so we finally agree there (especially since KP has been doing a dismal job with recruiting our big man recruits the last five years).
What I do hope for, and I’m sure you do too, is that bruiser might do a better job keeping recruits to stay after they haven’t been developed or when their draft chances are low (Issac Humphries, EJ Montgomery, etc). Hell, maybe Bruiser helped with Marcus Camby, beats me as I don’t really pay attention to assistants that much. Either way, enjoy your Sunday Wildcat Friend!
Yeah, that's all I said. If Banchero and KP were tight, losing KP could keep us from getting Paolo.

I hope I'm wrong about Bruiser, but I don't have much faith in him. But I want to give him a fair shake.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Yeah, that's all I said. If Banchero and KP were tight, losing KP could keep us from getting Paolo.

I hope I'm wrong about Bruiser, but I don't have much faith in him. But I want to give him a fair shake.
well as ralph dalton said Payne wasn’t tight with Banchero

Reactions: kyjeff1
For those laughing, Banchero has a good relationship with Barnes and UT. I actually get a weird vibe he trust Barnes enough to leave the West Coast and choose UT over UK. Crazy I know but its 2020.

For those laughing, Banchero has a good relationship with Barnes and UT. I actually get a weird vibe he trust Barnes enough to leave the West Coast and choose UT over UK. Crazy I know but its 2020.

Stranger things have happened. Kids do weird things.

I still think he stays out West.

Do we still get to use the excuse, "He took money" if he picks Tennessee over UK?

Or do eventually have to acknowledge - Heaven forbid - that sometimes we just get outworked/outmaneuvered on the recruiting trail?

Do we still get to use the excuse, "He took money" if he picks Tennessee over UK?

Or do eventually have to acknowledge - Heaven forbid - that sometimes we just get outworked/outmaneuvered on the recruiting trail?
It would be option A on this board.

well as ralph dalton said Payne wasn’t tight with Banchero

Don't take him not being the lead recruiter as he wasn't involved. Payne is very popular with all the recruits and contacts guys, but Barbee has been the lead on that recruitment. As far as player development, what's interesting is that IF UK hires Jai Lucas, he has a background in this area as well having worked in the G-League (at time it was D-League) and helping get some excellent bigs/forwards to Austin--he's helped them land Mo Bamba, Jaxson Hayes, Will Baker, Kai Jones, Jericho Sims, and just this past year Greg Brown. Know there are some I'm leaving out but combined with his Dad's connections, this is a big time addition and Lucas with UK brand behind him will prove to be an excellent addition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT