ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz looks like it’s about to be official

For those worrying about which QB we are getting, I'll say one thing after this week:

Just give Coen 48 hours and he'll put together the game winning drive with whomever we bring in; unsportsmanlike penalty and all.

And with the Austin Reed talk, it reminds me of how many QBs WKU has in the pros right now and how many we have. Just saying despite the talent level difference at WKU,
According to multiple analysts, Levis is about to be the 1st or 2nd QB selected in the upcoming NFL draft. FWIW.

Ffs. I was replying to someone who was trying to use career stats to judge Mertz. The point was, it just as stupid to judge Stoops on career record as it is to judge aqb on career td ints. I don't care Stoops first 3 years and I don't care Mertz freshman year stats.
My apologies.

That was a nice scoop. Interesting how much was in place—at least tentatively—that early.
Same guy said that Coen and Stoops talked the Monday after the Vandy game. But there was no scoop from me . Unlike BigBlueJohnson . I was completely skeptical. That’s why the only thing I posted was “I’ve been told to keep an eye on the Wisconsin quarterback “ . I learned a long time ago, when I had some connections on Pitino’s staff and posted a “juicy tidbit “ that never happened, lol . Same guy said Coen was contacted the Monday after the Vandy game.

Last edited:
For those worrying about which QB we are getting, I'll say one thing after this week:

Just give Coen 48 hours and he'll put together the game winning drive with whomever we bring in; unsportsmanlike penalty and all.

And with the Austin Reed talk, it reminds me of how many QBs WKU has in the pros right now and how many we have. Just saying despite the talent level difference at WKU,

System?

To be drafted as a QB, talent around you isn't always and end all be all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT