ADVERTISEMENT

Mentalist Oz Perlman tries to predict NCAA champion with riddle

Look, don't worry about patterns, just eliminate every team that's out on the list he gives. OK, that leaves us UK, UCLA,UF, KU, and UNC. Now remember, he said that the Midwest wasn't likely so bye, bye Kansas.

So that leaves Florida playing for the National championship on their side. Now on our side, we are only left with UK, UCLA, and UNC. NOW we look at patterns. UCLA plays Twice in the finals, and wins one. UK plays once in the finals, and loses to UCLA.

look down at the bottom where the teams are posted, and what year they won the title.
Now eliminate Every team out. That leaves us with UK, UCLA, and UNC. This clue means that the winner has won ATLEAST a national title before. We can now weed out UNC because they have no history in the finals from games he gives us. That leaves us with 3 teams! UK, UCLA, and UF. We already know Florida represents the left side of the bracket because nobody else shown represents that side.

Now for the bad part. UCLA is 1-1 in finals, UK is 0-1, And Florida is 1-0. Because UCLA beat us that eliminates us. So the championship game is UCLA vs Florida.
Florida wins because in the history he shows us, Florida never lost, and he said things that happen in the past will be so in the FUTURE.

Florida vs UCLA......Florida wins.

This is one of those put your finger on your tv screen at home and I'll tell you your card tricks. Besides if he could predict stuff I'm guessing he'd be on his yacht counting his lottery winnings

Reactions: Jbapp1978
Look, don't worry about patterns, just eliminate every team that's out on the list he gives. OK, that leaves us UK, UCLA,UF, KU, and UNC. Now remember, he said that the Midwest wasn't likely so bye, bye Kansas.

So that leaves Florida playing for the National championship on their side. Now on our side, we are only left with UK, UCLA, and UNC. NOW we look at patterns. UCLA plays Twice in the finals, and wins one. UK plays once in the finals, and loses to UCLA.

look down at the bottom where the teams are posted, and what year they won the title.
Now eliminate Every team out. That leaves us with UK, UCLA, and UNC. This clue means that the winner has won ATLEAST a national title before. We can now weed out UNC because they have no history in the finals from games he gives us. That leaves us with 3 teams! UK, UCLA, and UF. We already know Florida represents the left side of the bracket because nobody else shown represents that side.

Now for the bad part. UCLA is 1-1 in finals, UK is 0-1, And Florida is 1-0. Because UCLA beat us that eliminates us. So the championship game is UCLA vs Florida.
Florida wins because in the history he shows us, Florida never lost, and he said things that happen in the past will be so in the FUTURE.

Florida vs UCLA......Florida wins.

UNC and UK have titles. 2005 and 1958.

I found this post on Facebook and thought I would share:

THE PATTERN KEY IS IN THE SCORES LOOK FOR 8'S AND 5'S. 8555858885 THE ONLY YEAR THERE WASN'T A 8 OR A 5 IN THE SCORE WAS IN 1985 (85) USING 85 AS THE KEY TO THE WINNERS IT MATCHES UP WITH THE 58 WINNER BUT BACKWARDS SO USING THE FIRST LETTERS OF THE PAST WINNERS FROM RIGHT TO LEFT (BACKWARDS) N FOR NATIONAL C FOR CHAMPION I FOR IS U AND K

UCLA 92, UK 85 use "85"; UOFL 59, UCLA 54 use "55"; Georgetown 84, Houston 75, use "85"; 1985 Villanova 66, Georgetown 64 use the "85" from 1985; Syracuse 81, Kansas 78, use "88"; Florida 84, Ohio State 75, use "85"; Leaving out the 1985, the pattern should be "8555858885," the key being "85." Looking at the past winner in '58, "58" is "85" backwards. So now, looking at the winners, 58 Kentucky, 67 UCLA, 87 IU, 04 Connecticut, 05 North Carolina. Then backwards in from North Carolina for national "C" from Connecticut equals "Champions," "I" from IU equal "is," "U" from UCLA equals "University," and "K" from Kentucky equals "Kentucky" so you have "National Champion is University Kentucky (UK)"

Guys like this always have a way to rationalize their riddle for a winner that is most likely to occur. Miss Cleo carries about as much weight as this guy and she's dead.

THE PATTERN KEY IS IN THE SCORES LOOK FOR 8'S AND 5'S. 8555858885 THE ONLY YEAR THERE WASN'T A 8 OR A 5 IN THE SCORE WAS IN 1985 (85) USING 85 AS THE KEY TO THE WINNERS IT MATCHES UP WITH THE 58 WINNER BUT BACKWARDS SO USING THE FIRST LETTERS OF THE PAST WINNERS FROM RIGHT TO LEFT (BACKWARDS) N FOR NATIONAL C FOR CHAMPION I FOR IS U AND K

UCLA 92, UK 85 use "85"; UOFL 59, UCLA 54 use "55"; Georgetown 84, Houston 75, use "85"; 1985 Villanova 66, Georgetown 64 use the "85" from 1985; Syracuse 81, Kansas 78, use "88"; Florida 84, Ohio State 75, use "85"; Leaving out the 1985, the pattern should be "8555858885," the key being "85." Looking at the past winner in '58, "58" is "85" backwards. So now, looking at the winners, 58 Kentucky, 67 UCLA, 87 IU, 04 Connecticut, 05 North Carolina. Then backwards in from North Carolina for national "C" from Connecticut equals "Champions," "I" from IU equal "is," "U" from UCLA equals "University," and "K" from Kentucky equals "Kentucky" so you have "National Champion is University Kentucky (UK)"
Well there ya go...let's go mentalist guy![cheers]

Whole riddle, as written:

"Wisconsin, Florida, Baylor, South Carolina,
Gonzaga, West Virginia, Xavier & Arizona
will battle East and West,
who looks exceptional to you?"

I always thought it was odd word choice to use 'exceptional'. Could be a Xavier hint for that half of the bracket

More possible twighlight zone material:

By and large origin:

"The "by" part of the phrase means "close-hauled." (This "by" also appears in the term full and by, meaning "sailing with all sails full and close to the wind as possible.") "Large," by contrast, refers to a point of sail in which the wind is hitting the boat "abaft the beam," or behind the boat's widest point."

Oregon - sailing? What do you think?

Well, we at least know it isn't KU. Only other teams that fit the pattern seem to be UNC and UK. Find out tomorrow.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Whole riddle, as written:

"Wisconsin, Florida, Baylor, South Carolina,
Gonzaga, West Virginia, Xavier & Arizona
will battle East and West,
who looks exceptional to you?

Kansas, Purdue, Oregon, Michigan,
UNC, Butler, UCLA & Kentucky.
South By and Large likelier than midwest,
past scores often predict the future,
so go back and look at the finals
of 1975, 1980, 1984, 1985, 2003, & 2007
and also the teams that won in
1958, 1967, 1987, 2004, & 2005.
Focus on finding out the patterns!"

There are a lot of 98 in the numbers, we won in 98...??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your theory is Alot better than mine!

I hadn't seen this since the tourney ended. He had every team and number covered and some kind of parlor trick revealed the winner after the fact. Kind of a letdown, like the tourney.

I hadn't seen this since the tourney ended. He had every team and number covered and some kind of parlor trick revealed the winner after the fact. Kind of a letdown, like the tourney.

Right. There was no riddle just ink that disappeard from heat. Either way, he was going to be correct. Just "erase" the ink to make it fit the narrative. Not saying this guy isn't a freak because he is, but this doesn't prove it.

Reactions: lacocat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT