Mello Yello vs Mt. Dew

Mellow Yello vs Mt. Dew

• Mello Yello

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Mt. Dew

Votes: 41 68.3%

• Total voters
Dew.

But as DSmith21 said, it was better before the corn syrup.

Mellow Yello is Big K Citrus Drop. A proper generic Dew doesn’t exist.

Had to give up MD a long time ago. Very sweet and, IIRC, one of the highest caffeine concentrations among soft drinks. I was drinking 2+ a day when in my 20s (55+ years ago) and would be shaky by mid-afternoon. Always liked MD better than MY but both are acceptable.

Sun Drop is better than either of them by a wide margin. But I only like Sun Drop in the cans. For whatever reason, it has a flat taste from plastic bottles and just isn't the same. Sun Drop draws heavily on the orange side for its citrus flavor and is delicious. In comparison, Mountain Dew tastes like cirtrus flavored diesel fuel. Mello Yello is kinda just bleh.

I also prefer RC over Coke and Pepsi and don't understand why it doesn't have a bigger following. It blows the other leading colas out of the water in terms of taste and I love the heavy carbonation. When twisting off the cap on a two liter of RC, the fizz is so strong it nearly sends the cap into outer space!

Reactions: FirewithFire
2liters are the worst tasting all flavors maybe a&w root beer is the best out of 2liter. Also fountain drinks are a no anymore. Hardly ever drinkable or maybe it's just me. Mountain Dew out of a can iced down is like a line of cocaine. But of course drink other stuff but I've started thinking bout how I treat myself lately and soft drinks and fountain drinks seem like a easiest way to watch over myself. RC on ice is always a good thing in summer.

Mellow Yellow.

I haven't drank a drop of Mt. Dew in at least twenty years. Can't stand it.

I'm also in my late 40s and I've never had a single cavity. I credit my dislike of most soda.

Reactions: FirewithFire
I like mountain dew. Mello yello is fine but I don't feel like it is offered at most eating establishments.
Hardees and Arbys have it. I get Mello Yello almost every time I go to Hardees and Arbys. I dont think many do have it though as those are the only 2 I can recall seeing Mello Yello at.

Hardees and Arbys have it. I get Mello Yello almost every time I go to Hardees and Arbys. I dont think many do have it though as those are the only 2 I can recall seeing Mello Yello at.

White Castle has it.

Have any of you ever had a NeHi Peach? Beats em all. Hard to find, but you can get them in Greenville and Central City. Not sure where they are made.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT