ADVERTISEMENT

Meechie be gone!

A 6-3, unathletic, brick layer. Yay.
Are you talking about Meechie or DJ??? I kid, I kid. Both have shooting concerns as lead guards next year.

I’d rather have DJ next year than Meechie. But that’s not a ringing endorsement.

Part of why I wish Cal would’ve rolled with Reed/Rob is it soured so many fans against DJ unnecessarily. He’s still only 18 years old. Heck there will be players playing tonight in the MCDAAG older than him.

Who knows if he even comes back with how awful this draft is, but I’ll support him regardless.

Sorry for the age rant. Just so few people actually know the ages of these guys that vary significantly even in the same class. It’s another thing Cal says that annoys me. “Our kids are 17-18 years old”. No Cal, guys like Justin Edwards were friggin 20 most of the season.

I'll always be intrigued by a returning 5* player for their sophomore season. DJ could very well figure it all out. But damn if he isn't one of the few that I wouldn't mind seeing leave. Plus Fland is looking nice running the point/offense in the MCDAA.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Win win for me I didn't want him at Kentucky but I do like him returning to Ohio State.

Also won't torch us for a 3rd straight year at South Carolina so maybe we can beat that team next year for a change.

Are you talking about Meechie or DJ??? I kid, I kid. Both have shooting concerns as lead guards next year.

I’d rather have DJ next year than Meechie. But that’s not a ringing endorsement.

Part of why I wish Cal would’ve rolled with Reed/Rob is it soured so many fans against DJ unnecessarily. He’s still only 18 years old. Heck there will be players playing tonight in the MCDAAG older than him.

Who knows if he even comes back with how awful this draft is, but I’ll support him regardless.

Sorry for the age rant. Just so few people actually know the ages of these guys that vary significantly even in the same class. It’s another thing Cal says that annoys me. “Our kids are 17-18 years old”. No Cal, guys like Justin Edwards were friggin 20 most of the season.
I think a completely healthy DJ would be very good next year. Take away the finale, he shot the ball pretty well the last few games of the regular season coming back from injury.

I'll always be intrigued by a returning 5* player for their sophomore season. DJ could very well figure it all out. But damn if he isn't one of the few that I wouldn't mind seeing leave. Plus Fland is looking nice running the point/offense in the MCDAA.
I watched the game and thought Fland’s defense was much better than Dilly’s. Also, I was very impressed with JQ’s motor, physicality and overall ability, most especially as a 16 year-old. He should be a lot of help for two (2) years.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Wagner was the co-MVP of the 2023 McDonalds game.

Does this mean I’m going to have to start wading through “Meegok” here too now?

If DJ comes back he needs to shoot 1000 three point shots every day til the season starts.
It’s not just repetition, it’s also form. His 3pt shots are too flat, reducing the size of the cylinder/rim from the angle they are coming in at. A lot of players do that who are trying to get their shot off (out of their hands) faster.

I still believe we return either Reed or DJ (not both). If we could then add a Johnell Davis and Fland, that could be a good to great backcourt.

Reactions: BigKari
season 7 episode 25 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If DJ comes back he needs to shoot 1000 three point shots every day til the season starts.

He needs that and much more. He needs to work on finishing with either hand. Driving with either hand. Counters to his bard drive, like a euro.

Kid has a long way to go. He should have sga film on repeat. He lacks elite athleticism like sga so he'd going to need at least some of that elite level skill to make it at the next level. Going to be tough because he lacks that elite length.

Can't believe how badly his athleticism was overrated and oversold.

He needs that and much more. He needs to work on finishing with either hand. Driving with either hand. Counters to his bard drive, like a euro.

Kid has a long way to go. He should have sga film on repeat. He lacks elite athleticism like sga so he'd going to need at least some of that elite level skill to make it at the next level. Going to be tough because he lacks that elite length.

Can't believe how badly his athleticism was overrated and oversold.
I don’t think it was overrated / oversold. I remember reading his athleticism was average, but his length “and desire” were big parts of his game. That’s also when I started getting worried… ha

I don’t think it was overrated / oversold. I remember reading his athleticism was average, but his length “and desire” were big parts of his game. That’s also when I started getting worried… ha

That's not how I remember it but I could be wrong. We were sold be was someone that would dominate from day 1 and be one of Cal's greatest pgs. Iirc we were sold that his athleticism was just below wall and fox.

Either way he has a long way to go. The only thing working in his favor is his age since he was young even for a freshman.

Reactions: Cayts69
That's not how I remember it but I could be wrong. We were sold be was someone that would dominate from day 1 and be one of Cal's greatest pgs. Iirc we were sold that his athleticism was just below wall and fox.

Either way he has a long way to go. The only thing working in his favor is his age since he was young even for a freshman.
I’m sure it all depends on who you read!

Agree with you there

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT