ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile…

Holy cow this has to be a brutal culture shock. 2/3 full, no fanfare, no raging crowd. Only the excuses feel familiar. I give him two years before he retires.
Is that the practice gym? That is way different for sure. I guess those 1000 people would look pretty weird for Bud Walton. For real what is the attendance there maybe 2500-3000? It holds 6700 seats and I’d say a good 35-40% is empty in most areas.

Anybody that was worried that Cal was bigger than UK needs to watch this and then take a long look in the mirror. There is no way those players that left weren’t wondering what the hell they’d done to themselves.
You would think so, I mean think about the recruits that were recruited here, and now by Cal there watched our madness compared to this. Obviously money talks but some would say lame…

Leslie Jordan GIF by Cameo

Holy cow this has to be a brutal culture shock. 2/3 full, no fanfare, no raging crowd. Only the excuses feel familiar. I give him two years before he retires.
Definitely some schadenfreude watching this. Was that their version of BBM? I wish I could've heard the first convo they had with Cal about this event when they started planning. Cal -- "so all the players come out to their own songs and dance, the crowd goes wild, I assume you want me to ride in on a motorcycle or something?" "Uh, no it will probably be a few dozen fans there, they'll do the hog call thing, and we can probably wrap up in 30 minutes. Remember, it's still football season, so no one really cares about your team."

Ok. Found out it was a statewide tour they’re doing. But when I think of it in those terms it’s still pathetic. 4,000 people. You could hold an event for UK at the South Pole and we’d still get 10k there.
I figured it had to be something to that story. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT