ADVERTISEMENT

McNeeley to UConn

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Yeah, I think we got out over our skis on the pull Pope could have lol.

Not worried, yet, but I don’t have much confidence in him against the big boys..
LOL, you need to pull up your chicken britches. Cal DESTROYED our basketball program. He's done nothing but DESTROY programs when exiting. Pope was needed not just for winning titles, but pulling this fanbase together.

LOL, you need to pull up your chicken britches. Cal DESTROYED our basketball program. He's done nothing but DESTROY programs when exiting. Pope was needed not just for winning titles, but pulling this fanbase together.
Good lord. He's allowed to have an opinion, and his is a perfectly valid one to hold until Pope starts beating some big boys for some players.

Good lord. He's allowed to have an opinion, and his is a perfectly valid one to hold until Pope starts beating some big boys for some players.
You didn't read my post before you had yours typed up, lol. I didn't say that his opinion didn't matter. I simply suggested that he try to relax, and then I went on to talk about how much damage Cal has done in his career, including our program.

I was referring to a large portion of our fan base. I never thought we had a shot here.

My point was a decent portion of our fan bases needs to reset expectations. They heard the press conference and thought we were going to start getting everyone because we are UK and have NIL.

That’s not the case…

Reactions: NociHTTP
Pope and the staff need a full year to go after their guys and get things going. This time next year if we are sitting in a similar spot then it’s time to worry

Reactions: catben and mdlUK.1
Yeah, I think we got out over our skis on the pull Pope could have lol.

Not worried, yet, but I don’t have much confidence in him against the big boys..
We have ourselves a big boy.
He's come in signing defensive juggernauts. If you are great defensively and make 35% of your threes at the rate his teams shoot, you will be a big boy

Lol freshmen were always gonna be a hard pull this year. What made uconn elite was that big dude in the middle. Plus they surrounded him with guys who can shoot and some who can drive. Not that huge of a loss.

Pope is getting his ass handed to him thus far in recruiting

But he’s a big blue guy…yay
I think some frozen cavemen broke out of the Smithsonian and hopped onto this board. Some of the takes on Pope's performance (when he just got his staff in the last 2 days) are literally knuckle dragging HOF stuff. Some of you guys need to relax, a LOT.

We won recruiting titles for 15 years straight.
It got us 1 real title to show for it.
Maybe just maybe coaching is more important than having 5 star freshmen.
Yeah man with all due respect it’s not. Do you honestly think the coaches at schools finishing in the bottom half of their conference aren’t good coaches? Muss goes to back to back Elite 8’s and a sweet sixteen, this year we miss the dance. Why? Because we didn’t have the horses to compete. Regardless who the coach is, if you don’t have the talent you aren’t going to win consistently. Muss didn’t forget how to coach last year…Tubby didn’t…Nolan Richardson didn’t…on and on.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Our recruiting is going to take a hit with Cal gone.

People are surprised by this?

We still might be a good team under Pope tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT