ADVERTISEMENT

Mcdaniels isn’t a make or break player imo

Daniels is important and dont kid yourself. We just cant keep striking out on kids. If EJ doesn’t come back and Blackshear stays in draft we will not be a championship caliber team. This board is pathetic. If we sign a play ranked 25th he is a stud. We lose a top 10 play and he was no good. We were told last year that Zion was fat and slow.

He would be a fantastic luxury to have don't kid yourself. But again we will be fine, I take this post as a be classy n don't freak out when he stays home kind of post! I'm thinking Cal has plans in place, if no then hopefully Nick n EJ come back! Should be a fun year imo!

Reactions: Catzman
One would honestly think as far as the posts and views:
Everyone Bow and face Mecca and Medina:
2h5jw9i.png

I'd prefer him though. I'm selfish enough to take as many top players as Cal can swoop up. I don't believe it will hurt my feelings too much if we lose out. No shame in losing him to the home team imo

Nah this team already has long athletic players. Would landing mcdaniels help win a game or two in his 1 year? Possibly but I don’t think any of those games would be in March - April. We need a guy with overall size and a motor for next season. Now the value to Washington would be far greater for them. They need what they can get.

Completely agree OP. And it’s not a spin as some will call it either. You can look up my post in the other McDaniels thread. Blackshear is the big get. We have players already in place that bring exactly what McDaniels will bring. I’ve seen McDaniels a few times. He has been underwhelming every time I’ve seen him to say the least. Does not have a college ready body and lacks a killer instinct. Give me the player that will be a senior and bring some experience, best player on a top 15 team, and a piece we are desperately missing for next year even if EJ and Nick come back. Blackshear all the way for me.

Nice assumption op, I figured the downplay would start soon. He’s a very good player. He’s skinny for sure, but I think he would help this team tremendously

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Daniels is important and dont kid yourself. We just cant keep striking out on kids. If EJ doesn’t come back and Blackshear stays in draft we will not be a championship caliber team. This board is pathetic. If we sign a play ranked 25th he is a stud. We lose a top 10 play and he was no good. We were told last year that Zion was fat and slow.
Everything that's wrong with the board.

Blackshear is staying in the draft but ej isn’t imo. EJ would even get eaten alive in the d league he leaves now he ain’t ever gonna see an nba floor

How can you say we keep striking out on kids?? We have the #1 ranked class? We are doing fine, relax.

I basically agree with the OP and it’s not sour grapes. I still think we may get McDaniels and I still think we have a better chance of getting McDaniels than we do of getting Blackshear. But we need Blackshear. No, getting McDaniels won’t hurt us at all (certainly won’t “cost us” Blackshear) and yes I want him if we can get him. But we need Blackshear to have the post-anchoring size and strength we require for a strong showing in the SEC road schedule, not to mention a natty. That’s the long and the short of it. Without Blackshear, we could still be lucky and squeeze out a championship season with only one really post-rocking player on the whole team and him (Sestina) not superstar level or even 6’10”. But frankly, we haven’t been very good at being lucky. Ever. We need Blackshear. Everything else we need, we already got.

Last edited:
We keep striking out on kids? Really? We as in UK? You know we will be #1 or #2 in the nation in recruiting? How is that striking out little less keep on striking out? Some of you guys...

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Nah this team already has long athletic players. Would landing mcdaniels help win a game or two in his 1 year? Possibly but I don’t think any of those games would be in March - April. We need a guy with overall size and a motor for next season. Now the value to Washington would be far greater for them. They need what they can get.
Spot on.

I’m not gonna play the we didn’t want him anyway game because I do but on the other hand the dude sounds like he’s kind of soft. I mean if you have to even think about playing here or playing in the pac ten? San Diego St would be a better basketball destination than U dub![sick]

Sure, we’ll be “fine.”

We’ll be good. We’ll have a chance to get to the Final 4.

McDaniels makes you the favorite to get there.

McDaniels would have to play spectacular for him to give Kentucky something that a guy like Brooks or Whitney wouldn't.

McDaniels gives us depth, mainly. At worst, he's a timid player that we stick with in the rotation for far too long, costing us potential wins and spreading the minutes too thin.

I really wish we would have just spent our efforts getting EJ and/or Blackshear to come here in the first place.. and told McDaniels to enjoy the the draft in 2021.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
If we miss out on McDaniels and Blackshear and only get 1/2 from EJ and Nick, Cal will convince N’Faly Dante to reclass and come here.

Fight me.

I agree. If we miss on JM, then Cal goes all in on KBJ. If we miss there, then a reclass is possible. We will be ok, we have options. Even Dante said he would listen if a scenario presented itself.

Favorites don't mean squat. How many times do the favorites in May win the tournament? I'm just sayin....

They make the final 4 more often than just another good team.

I for one would feel better with a more loaded roster. But we can all accept a “good” team and hope for the best once again.

we have keion brooks, Whitney and even Montgomery who can do what he can similar frame and all. Blackshear on the other hand is a make or break player for a team lacking what he brings. I don’t think he ends up in the draft and would hate for mcdaniels to force him elsewhere
You should of just said you “didn’t want him anyway” and saved yourself the trouble.

I’m not gonna play the we didn’t want him anyway game because I do but on the other hand the dude sounds like he’s kind of soft. I mean if you have to even think about playing here or playing in the pac ten? San Diego St would be a better basketball destination than U dub![sick]

In this case it’s no game. Like another poster said he gives us depth not really a player we are lacking. We lack size and strength right now.

Like clockwork.

We think we’re getting a kid—OMG WE’’RE GONNA BE SO GOOD!”

We think we’re not—“he doesnt matter.”

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
McDaniels gives us length on perimeter,shot making, weak side shotblocking, he can rebound and take ball up the court. Cal would make him the number 1 pick, thats why Cal needs him. Need to be ever present in the minds of new recruits.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
While McDaniels in and of himself isnt key, anybody thinking we dont need him is kidding themselves. Hagans, Maxey and Quickley will be good guards. Juzang, Whitney and Brooks will likely be a good combination at forwards, and providing EJ and Nick come back, we will have a good team. With the right breaks and matchups, we could win a title. But with that team, we would need the right breaks and matchups.

Hagans should be better, but he wont dominate his position. Maxey should be really good, but again probably wont be elite. Quickley should be better, but again wont be elite or great. All the forwards are good, but have glaring weaknesses, Juzang (handling and facilitating), Whitney (shooting), and Brooks (think slightly better Gabriel). EJ has a chance to be a star, and hope that he does, but it will require him to gain a fair amount of skill and determination. Nick should again show improvement and handle his own in a backup role. I dont see a player with the skillset to become a takeover type player, something that is needed if you dont want a tournament game left to chance. Blackshear isnt that guy either. McDaniels might not be that guy, but he has the skillset to do it. Hampton has the skillset to do it. Ideally you get one of those 2 and they become that player. Otherwise we will be good but need breaks to win a title.

First who is this “we” you speak of and secondly you are a pathetic part of this board.

They make the final 4 more often than just another good team.

I for one would feel better with a more loaded roster. But we can all accept a “good” team and hope for the best once again.

Ummmmm, yeah. Making the Final Four more often than just some good team is pretty vague. I would feel good with more players as well but acting like being the favorites in May is relevant is just not true. Most dont make the Final Four, even fewer win the championship. My point is that we will be fine if we dont get JM. We have other options. We have the returnees, we have KBJ as an options, and even beyond that we have reclass options. McDaniels will not make or break this season. Would I like to have him.....of course. I'd take Blackshear over him in a heartbeat cause he gives us more of what we need with this roster and he is proven but I would love to add JM. But he is not a make or break recruit, ala Julius Randle or Anthony Davis. He is not the difference in a good or great team. Sorry, he just isnt. Thats my point. We will have a great team regardless of his decision. We have TONS of talent already and will get more. Relax.

Last edited:
He would be a fantastic luxury to have don't kid yourself. But again we will be fine, I take this post as a be classy n don't freak out when he stays home kind of post! I'm thinking Cal has plans in place, if no then hopefully Nick n EJ come back! Should be a fun year imo!

By what standard would we be "fine?" You seem to enjoy being in the pack as opposed to being the frontrunner. Jaden is a top 5 pick. Why downplay that?

We haven't been to a Final Four since '15 mainly because we've missed out on one critical piece to the roster on each of those teams. Did you think those teams would be "fine?"

Bet you did, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT