ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it’s just me…

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
I love to go back and watch old games on YouTube. The other day I went back to watch the Houston-UK game on Super Bowl Sunday of 1984. Just good memories. I also went back and watched the 1993 tourney run again, because I was a senior in high school and headed to Uk the next fall. What an exciting team that was from sheer offensive execution.

What are some of your faves to go back and at least watch clips of???? Or maybe I’m just the weirdo who loves to do this from time to time!

Last edited:
After Kentucky beat North Carolina recently, I went back and watched highlights of all 12 wins over UNC-CHeats this century, dating back to the Marquis Estill-Cliff Hawkins 17-point beating in the Dean Dome in 2000, Tayshaun's 5 threes, beating UNC AGAIN by 17 in the Dean Dome with Fitch starring, Fitch's great shot to beat Ol' Roy in Rupp, the Wall rack-attack, the Liggins shot in 2011, AD's block, running them out of Rupp with the great team of 14-15, the Malik Monk barrage, the game in which Ashton Hagans stole them blind and Herro-Johnson-Travis-Washington dominated, and the brutal beating by the Oscar team a couple years ago which was Wheeler's high point..

So yeah, I like to do that too.

I love to go back and watch old games on YouTube. The other day I went back to watch the Houston-UK game in Super Bowl Sunday of 1984. Just good memories. I also went back and watched the 1993 tourney run again, because I was a senior in high school and headed to Uk the next fall. What an exciting team that was from sheer offensive execution.

What are some of your faves to go back and at least watch clips of???? Or maybe I’m just the weirdo who loves to do this from time to time!
I was a senior in high school as well. When you got to UK, did you live in Haggin freshman year? That run was amazing.

After Kentucky beat North Carolina recently, I went back and watched highlights of all 12 wins over UNC-CHeats this century, dating back to the Marquis Estill-Cliff Hawkins 17-point beating in the Dean Dome in 2000, Tayshaun's 5 threes, beating UNC AGAIN by 17 in the Dean Dome with Fitch starring, Fitch's great shot to beat Ol' Roy in Rupp, the Wall rack-attack, the Liggins shot in 2011, AD's block, running them out of Rupp with the great team of 14-15, the Malik Monk barrage, the game in which Ashton Hagans stole them blind and Herro-Johnson-Travis-Washington dominated, and the brutal beating by the Oscar team a couple years ago which was Wheeler's high point..

So yeah, I like to do that too.

Amazing that of the few times they beat us this century.. two of those games were on extremely controversial officiating. 2017 Fox year, and 2010 when we barely had a team on the floor at the end because we had like 4 guys foul out

I love to go back and watch old games on YouTube. The other day I went back to watch the Houston-UK game in Super Bowl Sunday of 1984. Just good memories. I also went back and watched the 1993 tourney run again, because I was a senior in high school and headed to Uk the next fall. What an exciting team that was from sheer offensive execution.

I do that ALL the time. Watch all of the pitino years games I run across. The 86 team is another I like watching, but don't run across many of their games. Have watched a few that were before my time, but the video/audio are typically so bad that it's hard to enjoy when you go back to the 50-60's.

The 5th foul that ended Monster Mash’s college career was criminal.

I love only watching wins, the games bring back the sting I felt when I watched live. I try to stay positive, but I can’t watch loses. The Grant Hill commercial still makes me sick to my stomach.
I ran into Hill at a game a few years ago. I was wearing UK. He said “at least we had that great game in common”

I said, what was so frickin great about it??

I do that ALL the time. Watch all of the pitino years games I run across. The 86 team is another I like watching, but don't run across many of their games. Have watched a few that were before my time, but the video/audio are typically so bad that it's hard to enjoy when you go back to the 50-60's.
Ricky Blanton broke my heart that year!

I love only watching wins, the games bring back the sting I felt when I watched live. I try to stay positive, but I can’t watch loses. The Grant Hill commercial still makes me sick to my stomach.
I can't even read about it after a loss, much less watch it. Losses used to put me in a bad mood and I'd let everything in that lead to that. I don't do that anymore.

I love to go back and watch old games on YouTube. The other day I went back to watch the Houston-UK game on Super Bowl Sunday of 1984. Just good memories. I also went back and watched the 1993 tourney run again, because I was a senior in high school and headed to Uk the next fall. What an exciting team that was from sheer offensive execution.

2014 team destroying UCLA. Commentators ran out of things to say about the game. 41-7 at halftime and UK let up in the 2nd half winning 83-44. Beating UCLA always good, beating them with a former Hoosier at the helm was even sweeter. Absolutely humiliating them, priceless.

UCLA should have cancelled the rest of the season. Damn, that team should have brought home the title...

I watched that Houston game not too long ago. It was a totally different game back then. A ton of lane violations, and 3 in the key. Lots of stuff they don’t call today or don’t even have anymore. Every shot went thru the post, obviously no 3 point shot so everything was a 2 point jumper around 15 feet or so. Old Calipari(pre-2023) would have thrilled playing the game like that.
In OT with hand on lower back. Ridiculous call!
A lot of BS calls in that game.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
images
That line always makes me about spit out my coke or whatever I’m drinking when that episode comes on. The outtakes are so good from the entire show. John and Raine really cracked each other up all the time, then you have Steve Carell doing hilarious stuff, and making up lines all the time. They forget stuff and really start laughing. It’s almost better than the show sometimes.

I watched that Houston game not too long ago. It was a totally different game back then. A ton of lane violations, and 3 in the key. Lots of stuff they don’t call today or don’t even have anymore. Every shot went thru the post, obviously no 3 point shot so everything was a 2 point jumper around 15 feet or so. Old Calipari(pre-2023) would have thrilled playing the game like that.

A lot of BS calls in that game.
Ricky Winslow is the only Houston name that comes to mind. Akeem was gone that game, correct? My mind don't work like it used to.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Ricky Winslow is the only Houston name that comes to mind. Akeem was gone that game, correct? My mind don't work like it used to.
No Akeem was in there, it was a battle of them and our 3 headed monster of Bowie, Walker, and Dinner Bell Mel. Akeem had like 6 blocks I think. You wouldn’t find a better post game in the nation outside that game.

No Akeem was in there, it was a battle of them and our 3 headed monster of Bowie, Walker, and Dinner Bell Mel. Akeem had like 6 blocks I think. You wouldn’t find a better post game in the nation outside that game.
FWIW, Akeem/Hakeem had the best footwork of any true Center I've ever seen. I loved that man's game back then. They did blow out Louisville in '83 I believe so they weren't too hated back then.

FWIW, Akeem/Hakeem had the best footwork of any true Center I've ever seen. I loved that man's game back then. They did blow out Louisville in '83 I believe so they weren't too hated back then.
No doubt, he was a monster. Even in the NBA one of the best to ever do it. He was the best overall Center I’ve ever seen. Offensive and defensive. Shaq is the only center I’d probably rather have in their prime. It’s a tough pick.

Btw Houston had 2 guards that went played a ton that game and pretty well. Michael Young, and Alvin Franklin. Young played 39 minutes and had 19 points, Franklin played 35minutes and had 25 points.

We came out with the a victory 74-67. Melvin Turpin played a hell of a game. Had 19/11 on 8/10 FG. Bowie had 8 points and 18 rebounds. Walker had 20/10. 47 points and 39 rebounds from the 3 headed monster! Blackmon and Bennett lead the backcourt with 9 and 11 points.

2012 vs Indiana. 2015 Kentucky vs Ole Miss. 2019 UK vs Tennessee at Rupp. Vols came in ranked number one and like 11-0 and got gangbanged.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I was born in 83, so my memory of going to UK games kicks in with Pitino's Bombinos. I like watching YouTube footage of games from before that.

Early 90's UK vs IU. Back when it meant a lot and the crowd was 50/50. I'm particularly speaking of the Travis Ford game. FWIW, Ford had the best pass I've ever seen in a UK uni against West Virginia in Rupp. Around the back and behind the neck pass for a bucket. Chills thinking about it.

Reactions: jace2012
Love watching games before my time/too young to remember:

1978 National Championship vs Duke
1984 vs Houston
1993 NCAAT games vs Wake Forest/Florida State
1996 FF vs UMass/NC vs Syracuse
1998 NCAAT(Elite 8 vs Duke, FF vs Stanford, NC vs Utah)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT