ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe a little hasty on the "school name doesn't matter" thing?

Jkwo

All-American
Apr 6, 2007
We saw Carr talking about "the front of the jersey", and now this. Is it possible that Cal's league leapers weren't perfectly representative of every decent player in the country?

Screenshot-20240429-145844.png

You gotta love it. Guys who were unheard of in HS, took an offer to a mid-major. Probably thought they wouldn't even make it far. But they work their ass off and now they're apart of a school they never dreamed of making it too. Has to be a very rewarding experience.

You gotta love it. Guys who were unheard of in HS, took an offer to a mid-major. Probably thought they wouldn't even make it far. But they work their ass off and now they're apart of a school they never dreamed of making it too. Has to be a very rewarding experience.
This is what we need. I’m excited for these players and I’m excited for Kentucky basketball
We will get top talent, yes…and it’ll be easier when Mark’s name becomes better known
But we need the multi year players too. These guys have truly earned their spot and will play harder than many we’ve seen the last few years

And proves Pope is selling and educating these kids on the history, tradition and passion that is Kentucky Basketball.

"They are Going to Continue Being a Powerhouse Because That's Who They are" DJ Dybantsa

"I know what it means to wear Kentucky across my chest and couldn’t be more ready to get to work!! Go Cats!" Andrew Carr

Yeah, most players know this...

"Guess what team’s going to be on TV? Every night? The Arkansas Razorbacks. It’ll never be the same.” ...unless you're Demarcus Cousins

Used to be like that in cals early days too. Then it morphed into him hijacking the program. Kids played for him. "my team". Nonstop passive aggressive spats with the fanbase.

That's why Cal's early guys still support UK and why most of his later ones rarely do. For years Cal set himself up for leaving UK and set fire to everything.

Jmo but cal knew he made a mistake not leaving for UCLA and subconsciously hated himself because he stayed for money. Maybe it was the strength of contract that made him untouchable. Whatever it was, everything about him and the program changed after that decision.

I mean I think the name still holds some prestige.

I’m not sure it matters to a large majority these days but you can definitely find your pick of guys where it’s still important

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT