ADVERTISEMENT

Maui

Taiza

Freshman
Mar 17, 2007
If Cal and the athletics department want to win back some favor they should go play in the Maui invitational this year. I miss playing in these in season tournaments. Also would be a good chance to put young players in a tournament environment before March so they can get a taste.

Cal wants to play Texas am cc instead of Duke Kansas mich state etc and we wonder why his players are not tough and battle tested instead cal blames it on the fans wanting to go to the Bahamas and Canada on why his players are soft the shitshow continues

If Cal and the athletics department want to win back some favor they should go play in the Maui invitational this year. I miss playing in these in season tournaments. Also would be a good chance to put young players in a tournament environment before March so they can get a taste.
Forget cal Barney needs to sign them up now make him do it. But that’s a very minor thing

Cal wants to play Texas am cc instead of Duke Kansas mich state etc and we wonder why his players are not tough and battle tested instead cal blames it on the fans wanting to go to the Bahamas and Canada on why his players are soft the shitshow continues
Aren’t we playing Duke early next year?

We most likely wouldn't win a game there so we start out 0-2. Duke will steamroll us in the Champions Classic to make us 0-3. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if that scenario played out. Our OOC schedule will be Butthole State, Popcorn U, Tates Creek HS, Centre College, etc to get a good record and then as soon as we play a tough, physical SEC team, we will get beat up and lose again. Look for 12-15 losses because this year's team is way better on paper and they lost 10 games and gained no trophies.

He’s getting “waxed” in every event in recent history. We would come out of there with a losing record.

Nice field for next year.

Auburn, Colorado, Dayton, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan State, North Carolina and UCONN.

Come Cal, I would love to see the CATS out here....it may be played in Honolulu (UH) again this year as the infrastructure at and around the gym is still in poor condition.

AlohaCat

Reactions: vernoncoy
We most likely wouldn't win a game there so we start out 0-2. Duke will steamroll us in the Champions Classic to make us 0-3. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if that scenario played out. Our OOC schedule will be Butthole State, Popcorn U, Tates Creek HS, Centre College, etc to get a good record and then as soon as we play a tough, physical SEC team, we will get beat up and lose again. Look for 12-15 losses because this year's team is way better on paper and they lost 10 games and gained no trophies.
And after we beat butthole state many on here will have us going to the final four. Just like we were going to beat Oakland, TT was going to beat NC State and we were going to wear them out. Yeah boy.

No chance we will play in Hawaii while Calipari continues to carpet bag here.

Would miss his dogs way too much.

We are so screwed.......

• Sad
Reactions: vernoncoy
Instead he says they're going to be in the weight room and working on defense. I'm sure that won't add to the body breakdown and mental burn out....

Then Kal would have an excuse for us not doing something like playing defense at the end of the year when we make our first round exit again. We shouldnt have went to Maui!!

MAUI, Hawaii -- The Maui Jim Maui Invitational announced today the 2024 field for the 41st annual Tournament. Auburn, Colorado, Dayton, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan State, North Carolina and the 2023 NCAA National Champions UCONN will go head-to-head Nov. 25-27, 2024 at the historic Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, Hawaii.

MAUI, Hawaii -- The Maui Jim Maui Invitational announced today the 2024 field for the 41st annual Tournament. Auburn, Colorado, Dayton, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan State, North Carolina and the 2023 NCAA National Champions UCONN will go head-to-head Nov. 25-27, 2024 at the historic Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, Hawaii.
Now that will be so good basketball… I wish the Cats were coming!!!

AlohaCat

Yeah, this topic came up a week or so ago, and other times over the years.

One of the issues from a developmental standpoint is for whatever reason, UK stopped playing in these tournaments.

The tournament format in terms of travel and playing multiple games against different types of teams that you don't get in standard OOC scheduling, better simulates March.

Canadian and Puerto Rican all-star exhibitions don't cut it. Those aren't really anything like playing a college team who's been developed over the course of a couple years and hungry to beat a UK and/or advance. Whether its Maui, SEC tourney, or March Madness.

This is one of the unfortunate downsides to Cal.

No longer play IU (both parties carry blame and series is renewing soon)

No Maui

No Battle 4 Atlantis

Not any other myriad tourney options either

He was about events. While he was winning a lot was overlooked even though fans quietly pined for such early season tourneys. Now we are routinely getting beat in those events (losing record overall in Champions Classic at 5-8 and cbs sports classics we are 5-5).

Now it’s just more ammo for why Cal is so loathed as Coach by this fanbase.

Last night watching games I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that UK hasn’t mattered in a postseason since 2019.

You just don’t see the blue bloods fall off for that long that often…. Sad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT