ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Norlander says Drew passed on UK offer

So he’s not coming because this message board wasn’t elated?
Did I imply anywhere in my post that our opinions directly impacted the decision? We're going to end up with an even worse candidate, and those saying Drew wasn't the answer are going to look even more silly.

Reactions: KFuqua
Billy Donovan may be coming into focus now.
I just don’t know if you can wait on Donovan in the current landscape. It could be weeks before he’s done with the Bulls, and his lack of recruiting connections (or desire to even recruit) and experience with NIL/portal scare me. We all know he’s a great coach, but if you take him you have to accept that we could be the worst team in the SEC next year as we may be getting a roster full of a bunch of guys that couldn’t find a landing spot with a decent school.

22 years is hard to just up and walk away from. That’s fully developed roots right there. That’s the only home your kids have known. Sometimes those things outweigh all the money and attention of coaching at a place like UK. I think he would have done very well here but understand how difficult it is to uproot like that, especially when you pretty much make FU money as it is.

Last edited:
I wish Drew had said yes but ROTLMAO........ Barnharts sure fire first pick just spurned him.

NO ONE WANTS TO WORK FOR THAT POS AD... thats why he has to pay everyone triple what they are worth to just to coach at UK.

I wouldnt mind striking out on everyone if it meant Barnhart being forced to retire this month.

He probably wanted to come, they wooed his family, they passed. Move on to next candidate.

I had just talked myself into it too. Probably has something to do with the house he is building. That would be a tough deal.

Drew's mommy said he can't play.

Ufc 217 Sport GIF by UFC

Reactions: wobycat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT