ADVERTISEMENT

Matt jones this morning stated kentucky

4th? And you're acting like it's an abomination? You guys got some serious birthright-for-success delusion. We could be IU.
Winter Games Yes GIF by Team USA

Capilouto is Mitch's boss and Mitch is Cal's boss (sort of, but not really given the contract).
  • Capilouto cares more about endowments than sports. Not saying that's bad necessarily, but don't expect him to be tough on Mitch.
  • Mitch is nearing retirement and hamstrung by an absolutely foolish contract given to coach past his prime.
  • Cal cares more about his personal brand than UK's.
The only people who are going to "hold Cal accountable" are the boosters and fans, and Cal all but ignores the latter.

Our best hope is that Ellen really wants to move to Nashville to be near her daughter and son.
I just want him to leave UK, and the clowns who want to hide on the bench or play pussyfoot on the court to protect their draft status, to go with him. Let's get kids in here who WANT TO PLAY FOR THE NAME ON THE FRONT OF THEIR SHIRT. That's all I'm asking.

If all the success of Cal’s first seven or so years were spread out over his whole tenure….if we were in a FF every 3-4 years or so….I wonder if people would be as angry.

Last edited:
100% agree. I've been saying for a while now if you even out the luck between Cal's first half and second half it doesn't look as bad. Really only the years from Covid onward have been bad. And honestly the '22 team was pretty damn good, we just finally fell victim to a first round upset.
FFS, he's won one tourney game in half a decade and been literally destroyed in the $EC, including losing twice last year to Vandy, who's coached by a mortuary pimp who will soon be unemployed.

22 team fell victim to dumbass coaching and lack of preparedness - never watched one second of game film and then got skull thumped by a peacock... worst tournament loss in program history, on the heels of the worst season in program history...his fat ass can't pack his bags fast enough.

FFS, he's won one tourney game in half a decade and been literally destroyed in the $EC, including losing twice last year to Vandy, who's coached by a mortuary pimp who will soon be unemployed.

22 team fell victim to dumbass coaching and lack of preparedness - never watched one second of game film and then got skull thumped by a peacock... worst tournament loss in program history, on the heels of the worst season in program history...his fat ass can't pack his bags fast enough.

Knocked out in the FIRST GAME OF A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT by VANDY!

I didn’t count 2017 In the 7 years. In 2019 we lost to Auburn without their best player.
Cal has underperformed and underachieved since 2017 while losing the all times wins lead(soon to be for the 2nd time), losing the NCAAT wins lead, worst season in 100 years at 9-16, worst loss in NCAAT history, lost 3 straight in Rupp for the first time in history.

I don‘t know what other bad records you want him to break before you take it serious?
There can’t be many bad ones left for the underachiever to break at this point.
He hasn’t hit his floor for some folks.

I know a lot are ready to see him go, myself included, but I'm gonna have mixed feelings on that day. The man did deliver a title and a lot of fun times in Lexington. It'll feel very similar to when Tubby left I imagine.
What’s a “lot”?

The 20-25 members of the CHC?

The feeling when Tubby left? Like overwhelming joy?

The feeling that the day should be a state holiday?

It does seem that the more hate one has for Cal the more love they have for Tubby.

As for Cal leaving, he is not. He doesn’t want to leave and there’s no chance he’s fired. There is no one that has even one ounce of say in a coach being fired that wants Cal fired.

Cal is more likely to get an extension than to be fired.

What’s a “lot”?

It does seem that the more hate one has for Cal the more love they have for Tubby.

As for Cal leaving, he is not. He doesn’t want to leave and there’s no chance he’s fired. There is no one that has even one ounce of say in a coach being fired that wants Cal fired.

337bb047-21bf-415b-b3d5-bfbc79127aaa_text.gif

4th? And you're acting like it's an abomination? You guys got some serious birthright-for-success delusion. We could be IU.
Considering that basketball is our identity, yeah we better be good. We have nothing else.

What’s a “lot”?

Hahahahahaha

This is why it’s so hard to take some of you people seriously. ‘17 and ‘19 were not underperformances. Each year we were a single shot away from a Final Four as a 2 seed. Losing in OT and on a buzzer beater as a 2 seed is not underperforming by any definition of the word in a single elimination tournament.

There is realistically no difference between a year like ‘11 or ‘14 and a year like ‘17. In ‘14 we were the beneficiary of some really lucky shots. In ‘17 we were on the other side of luck like that.
They just can’t be your “high points “ though. Not at Kentucky.

When Tubby left, it was extremely exciting, because the last five years of Tubby was boring on the court and off. At least when Cal is losing, the world is still talking about UK in the same breath with the best of teams, because talent keeps rolling in. Tubby was done after UAB in 2004, and completely lifeless after Michigan State in 2005.

I know the knock against Cal is he hasn't done as much as people think he should have with talent, but at least off-seasons are exciting. Recruiting is one aspect of the game that gets people hyped. As long as Kentucky rolls in with the best players, we're always in the national conversation. That was not the case in seven out of Tubby's ten years, and one of those years was Pitino-recruited players.
Yea. In the recruiting conversation. This fan is prima facie evidence of what’s wrong.

Last edited:
A horrible conference for 75 years helped.
Since the current NCAA tournament format was updated in 1985 the SEC ranks 3rd with 6 ncaa championships . ACC has 10 , the big EAST has 8 . No one else has more than 3.

The SEC trails only the ACC (.665) in NCAA tournament winning percentage at .618.

Not exactly horrible.

I wouldn't take a multi-year payout unless there was some interest paid or adjustment for inflation. Any decent financial advisor can make 8-10% interest per year on that. Although I don't know what the tax implications would be for lump sum vs annual payout.

It's also why if I ever won the lottery, I'd take the lump sum payout in a heartbeat. Only reason not to would be if you don't trust yourself to handle your finances.

As a side note, you could teach "financial literacy." I say that because I read an article a few days ago about someone who has 2 master's degrees and owes $300K in student loans. Her job is teaching "financial literacy" yet she can't pay her loans. Maybe she learned the hard way???

Reactions: ukfan041
Since the current NCAA tournament format was updated in 1985 the SEC ranks 3rd with 6 ncaa championships . ACC has 10 , the big EAST has 8 . No one else has more than 3.

The SEC trails only the ACC (.665) in NCAA tournament winning percentage at .618.

Not exactly horrible.
I’m sure UK helped that ;). Aside from Rupp, This conference never took basketball seriously until 1962 when Ray Mears was hired by UT (from Wittenberg U.). Mears actually had a 12-12 head to head record against Rupp. No one else was close.

This is Kentucky basketball. Idc how you sugar coat it, that’s not good enough. Some of the Cal fans can try anyway they want to manipulate that, it won’t work.
Not a Cal fan, but the SEC has gotten much better. That’s an opportunity for more quality wins. Personally I’d love to see the SEC go and stay at the top of cbb.

You should write a letter. Make sure to tell them you’re Bluesbrother on Cats Illustrated. Should get the job done.
I have a better idea since you are nothing other than a troll. You are going into the IGNORE file ... it's where you belong.

I have a better idea since you are nothing other than a troll. You are going into the IGNORE file ... it's where you belong.
Oh no, please don’t. I’m sorry write a letter hurt your feelings. How about don’t write a letter, write a post on a message board. Is that better?

Ranks 4th in the sec from the last 6 years does mitch hold anyone accountable with all those millions he throws around my God that alone should remove calipari
Well then Matt should quit being an absolute vagina and start the chants for Cal removal. But we all know what Matt is.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk and Wonky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT