ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones reported a meeting was scheduled today amongst the big wigs concerning Z. Any word ?

Yeah they never disclosed why he was kicked off team. That was going into my senior year at UK. IIRC he didn't show up to take team picture or something. Next thing you know he was gone. I don't think he ever played anywhere again in D1.

Here is a couple articles I found.

I don't think he ever played there either. Apparently Carruth ended up at Chipola too.
JP Blevins did a speech at my high school around 2006. He was Jason's roommate and talked about how he would sell his clothes and everything for beer money. Tubby got pissed and gave him the boot. That's the story according to JP Blevins.

JP Blevins did a speech at my high school around 2006. He was Jason's roommate and talked about how he would sell his clothes and everything for beer money. Tubby got pissed and gave him the boot. That's the story according to JP Blevins.
He had a problem with more than beer.

I'm going to go out a limb and say he ends up at Oregon or Washington. Classes don't start until the last week of September at both schools, so they would have plenty of time to get this done over the next couple of weeks.

This is absolutely the most UK Athletics thing that could happen. And the NCAA isn't even the holdup either, it is apparently our own petty imbeciles in admissions who have caused this situation.

Ivisic has really been wronged here, because he should already be in class and getting acclimated to college life.

I would not blame him at all for bailing and joining another team.

Reactions: ganner918
I agree…if he doesn’t play here, he will play somewhere else…and that likelihood is getting higher by the day.
If he goes to a university with a lower acceptance rate it's going to make UK look AWFUL. UK has mostly been pretty immune from bad PR minus a couple of isolated fools. But this will make a large chunk of the university look bad.

I would not blame him at all for bailing and joining another team.
It's honestly getting to the point where he needs to bail on us. I selfishly hope he waits indefinitely but if I were in his shoes, I would not trust UK. "Just wait, we're going to get it worked out" isn't good enough. If you really can get it worked out you should have already gotten it worked out. I'm at risk of not getting to play anywhere if I wait too long. If I'm Z I'm shopping around elsewhere and if someone else says "yeah you're in" before kentucky maybe works it out, I'm bailing.

I could have went but would have had to take non credit English before attempting 101. Happened at EKU anyway, still would have been Prop 48 anywhere but North Carolina
Think you should have taken that English class…have went isn’t a thing. It’s have gone.

It's honestly getting to the point where he needs to bail on us. I selfishly hope he waits indefinitely but if I were in his shoes, I would not trust UK. "Just wait, we're going to get it worked out" isn't good enough. If you really can get it worked out you should have already gotten it worked out. I'm at risk of not getting to play anywhere if I wait too long. If I'm Z I'm shopping around elsewhere and if someone else says "yeah you're in" before kentucky maybe works it out, I'm bailing.
Can't disagree with any of that. It's looking like Cow tried to salvage his own image with "hey, look they say I can't recruit, look who I just got", and hoped no one would whistle by the graveyard.

What's AMAZINGLY SAD and pathetic about this saga is that this young man could've walked across our southern border this summer and been accepted to this school in days. Someone from Europe who's a good student there needs to kiss the ring and pay obeisance. All of the serfs and peasants must comply when trying to get into the best academic school in America.... Lol

Reactions: jmw23712
If he goes to a university with a lower acceptance rate it's going to make UK look AWFUL. UK has mostly been pretty immune from bad PR minus a couple of isolated fools. But this will make a large chunk of the university look bad.

UK will UK when it comes to admistrative BS. No one seems to want to fix it. "Too big to fix"

Does anyone have this kid’s academic record? I have a really hard time this is UK administration’s fault when I haven’t seen them do this to any of our other basketball recruits. Maybe they do it with football or baseball recruits but I don’t follow recruiting for those sports.

I get that he can speak 4 languages, and while that is impressive it is not the sole criteria for college admission.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bookerfan66
Can't disagree with any of that. It's looking like Cow tried to salvage his own image with "hey, look they say I can't recruit, look who I just got", and hoped no one would whistle by the graveyard.
What the heck are you talking about? Why would Cal need to salvage his image in terms of recruiting when he has the best freshman class in the country here. Seems like the only one doing any whistling past any graveyards is you pal. What you said is a reach beyond any I have seen.

Who are the people who say he can't recruit?