ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones reported a meeting was scheduled today amongst the big wigs concerning Z. Any word ?

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I can't believe this has drug out like this has. I wish Eli would get involved and bring it to an end and let the kid in. If we don't admit him and one of our rivals (or any school for that matter) takes him we will be the laughing stock of college BB. Somebody please show some common sense and leadership !

I can't believe this has drug out like this has. I wish Eli would get involved and bring it to an end and let the kid in. If we don't admit him and one of our rivals (or any school for that matter) takes him we will be the laughing stock of college BB. Somebody please show some common sense and leadership !

Laughingstock of universities*

Fixed.

My friend from high school got into Uk with like 2.0 GPA, but their making ivisic go through hell to get to help one of the two largest money makers on campus
I could have went but would have had to take non credit English before attempting 101. Happened at EKU anyway, still would have been Prop 48 anywhere but North Carolina

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
He was one of my favorite players growing up. I was pissed when got hurt and transferred. Whatever happened to him? Anyone know?
I didn't find anything googling him, but damn I forgot that he got kicked off the team before the 2003 season, after missing a year due to injury. Can you imagine how good we could have been with Parker on that team?

The same type of stupid governing decisions led to guys like Desmond Allison being kicked out of the program. If Kentucky's a flagship for anything when it comes to policies, the flag would be sticking out of a turd ship as it's flushed down the toilet.

Even with the NCAA clearing him, I think the issue is UK (and most major univ.) require the specific English test that Big Z didn't have and I assume failed last week. Does it create a NCAA infraction if we admit him since any non-athlete applying would not normally be accepted?

As far as the dyslexia, if true, does the school require documentation? Does Z speak English but not write it maybe? Whatever happened was obviously a shock to the coaching staff. I hope it can be fixed before this ends his career at UK before it even begins.

Even with the NCAA clearing him, I think the issue is UK (and most major univ.) require the specific English test that Big Z didn't have and I assume failed last week. Does it create a NCAA infraction if we admit him since any non-athlete applying would not normally be accepted?

Again… why not just change the rules? That’s what UNC did. They just made it so a few regular, non-athlete students didn’t have to attend class either. Thus, it wasn’t considered a special benefit to athletes. Which of course is ridiculous. But not only did UNC avoid NCAA penalties, they were also allowed to keep their academic accreditation. So obviously there are no ethics or standards anymore. So why does UK keep pretending like there are? It puts us at a competitive disadvantage and has for several years now.

My friend from high school got into Uk with like 2.0 GPA, but their making ivisic go through hell to get here. Kentucky help one of the two largest money makers on campus
I remember getting the acceptance letter from UK in 1998 that said you have been accepted pending you maintain a 2.0 the rest of you high school career. Thought it was an odd low bar at the time, but of course it’s all about the $$.

I didn't find anything googling him, but damn I forgot that he got kicked off the team before the 2003 season, after missing a year due to injury. Can you imagine how good we could have been with Parker on that team?

Yeah they never disclosed why he was kicked off team. That was going into my senior year at UK. IIRC he didn't show up to take team picture or something. Next thing you know he was gone. I don't think he ever played anywhere again in D1.

Here is a couple articles I found.

I don't think he ever played there either. Apparently Carruth ended up at Chipola too.

Again… why not just change the rules? That’s what UNC did. They just made it so a few regular, non-athlete students didn’t have to attend class either. Thus, it wasn’t considered a special benefit to athletes. Which of course is ridiculous. But not only did UNC avoid NCAA penalties, they were also allowed to keep their academic accreditation. So obviously there are no ethics or standards anymore. So why does UK keep pretending like there are? It puts us at a competitive disadvantage and has for several years now.
UNC didn't change the rules, they rewrote the entire book & laughed at the NCAA at doing it