ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones made a false statement today

If you have YouTube TV and download the app, can you watch the game without added expense?
Yes you can. The game is broadcast on ESPN+ and SECN+ so considering that YouTubeTV carries SEC Network you can watch the game on the ESPN App. You will need to login with your TV Provider on the ESPN App and once you do that you can watch the UK Game on the SECN+ feed.

Well you can't watch it on regular TV, which was the point of his statement.
If you don't have a smart tv with the ESPN app, or a Roku or similar streaming device and a subscription for HULU, YouTube tv, etc. then you can't watch it on tv.

Yeah. It’s streaming only and he seemed to be confused by that. He’s not part of an evil plot to prevent people from watching the game.

Yes you can. The game is broadcast on ESPN+ and SECN+ so considering that YouTubeTV carries SEC Network you can watch the game on the ESPN App. You will need to login with your TV Provider on the ESPN App and once you do that you can watch the UK Game on the SECN+ feed.

I went though that process last weekend, could not watch SECN+. This weekend going to watch with someone who has Dish, who isn't having any issues.

I
He said Saturday’s game can only be watched on your computer. Not true.
He said Saturday’s game can only be watched on your computer. Not true.

If you don’t have Spectrum, you can download load the ESPN app on your TV and signup for ESPN# if you have a carrier. I have YouTube TV.

If you don’t have Spectrum, you can download load the ESPN app on your TV and signup for ESPN# if you have a carrier. I have YouTube
I could be wrong but I believe what he meant was you need the internet to watch on ESPN + in order to download their app. Freddie Maggard calls it “ on the computer “ and Matt’s just parroting that. It’s all in fun nothing that serious ?

I went though that process last weekend, could not watch SECN+. This weekend going to watch with someone who has Dish, who isn't having any issues.
I did the same thing. Signed in with my streaming service account and all I got was a subscribe page with two options to pay to watch ESPN+/SECN+.

Reactions: blubo
I did the same thing. Signed in with my streaming service account and all I got was a subscribe page with two options to pay to watch ESPN+/SECN+.
Even if you have youtubetv, which i do, espn+/secn+ requires additional subscription fee.

Reactions: sambowieshin
I just got on my ROKU, went to espn app and put in acct info. I am now watching espn app with youtube credentials. Not sure for gamer tomorrow but will try for sure.
I tried 2 live events on ESPN+ and it said you have to pay 9.99 a month. Then I went to SEC+ and I am watching Clemson vs Florida Volleyball. It is not on SEC (regular channel). UK is on ESPN+and SEC+ so if you have youtube TV or other service with SEC network you will be able to watch game tomorrow.

I tried 2 live events on ESPN+ and it said you have to pay 9.99 a month. Then I went to SEC+ and I am watching Clemson vs Florida Volleyball. It is not on SEC (regular channel). UK is on ESPN+and SEC+ so if you have youtube TV or other service with SEC network you will be able to watch game tomorrow.
You just have to choose SEC+ option. The game will show up 2 times tomorrow you have to Select SEC+ to view.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
DO NOT click on the ESPN+ tab at the top.. scroll down and you'll see live games or upcoming games, slide over until you see the UK game covered by SEC+ and you should get it. That's if you normally get SEC Network with whoever you subscribe to.

According to my you tube account, the SEC Network is scheduled to replay the EKU game on Monday morning at 5 am...I have all UK games programmed to record and this shows up.
So having a YouTube tv account allows you to watch SECN+.
But you're not going to use the YouTube TV app to watch it live.
Go to the ESPN App.
It's going to ask what TV provider you use.
Select YouTube tv as provider and do a couple more steps.
Then you can find the game and watch it there.
Look for a square that says Kentucky vs Eastern.
Also the square has to have SECN+ on it in the corner.
If it has ESPN+ in the square, keep looking.

If you did this before with espn app and your your cable company, go to the top of the screen and logout of the ESPN App and log in again.

Last edited:
Reactions: CGblue

Great example of how someone can check their status tonight. Find a current SECN+ Broadcast on the app. You mentioned Clemson V. Florida Volleyball and I also found Charleston Southern V. Auburn Volleyball. I can watch either of those just fine.

Also of note on the ESPN app it has one listing for EKU vs. UK as of now and it shows ESPN+ / SECN+
If you click, it will show ESPN+ Subscriptions. Tomorrow there will be two listing. One for ESPN+ and one for SECN+. Just select the SECN+ option.

Last year I did have one hiccup watching SECN+ game.
For whatever reason, I needed to logout and log back in.
I think I missed an update or Russians were hacking or who knows.
Not saying that's a requirement.
But something to keep in mind if you have an issue.

Reactions: PickSixKing
Last year I did have one hiccup watching SECN+ game.
For whatever reason, I needed to logout and log back in.
I think I missed an update or Russians were hacking or who knows.
Not saying that's a requirement.
But something to keep in mind if you have an issue.
Same here, I've had to re-enter my FuboTV credentials into the ESPN app on occasion.

Reactions: PickSixKing
DO NOT click on the ESPN+ tab at the top.. scroll down and you'll see live games or upcoming games, slide over until you see the UK game covered by SEC+ and you should get it. That's if you normally get SEC Network with whoever you subscribe to.
Thank you. Got it.
I appreciate your help. Some of us older fans are technologically challenged.
That worked. Yay!!!

Sucks that Big 10 singed with Fox Sports and SEC inked with ESPN. THis is the silly shenanigans that are par the course for ESPN. I already pay for ESPN, ESPN2, SECN, etc.....but ESPN chooses to bend teams over for another ESPN +.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT