ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones comments on Dilly

Mar 21, 2023
In a Twitter space tonight, Jones said he talked to sources close to the program and the expectation is for Dilly to be at Kentucky next season, basically said sources shot down academic issue rumor and they weren’t sure why those rumors came out of nowhere. So there’s some good news for next seasons roster

Last edited:
dilly-dilly-cheers.gif

That’s good news, but I'm trying to figure out how a 170lb guard is going to survive in the SEC and NCAAT.

Who knows, maybe his slender size paired with his quickness and ball handling, will give him an advantage.

Tyler Ulis seemed to do just fine, as did Russ Smith (165 pounds), Shabazz Napier, etc.

We always have seemed to struggle with little, quick guards, it'll be great to have one on our side again!

Also added more credence to Livingston leaving. Hasn’t commented on Reeves, Collins. Matt hadn’t heard anything about Ugo leaving I think he said as well.

• Sad
Reactions: shaudyshaud
He said greater than 50% chance Dilly is here, less than a 50% chance Livingston comes back. Said they are taking the Diallo and PJ approach: not expecting Chris back, but maybe he does. We’ll see

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
That would be great but still needs Reeves back plus another shooter from the portal.

1,000%.

I said in the other thread that given the choice between Reeves and C-Liv, I am taking Reeves 10 times out of 10.

Need Reeves back, one more 3&D type guy for the wing who can shoot it at a high clip, and then a 4 man if we lose C-Liv.

Wagner
Dillingham
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Portal Shooter 1
Portal 4 man
Sheppard
Ugonna
Thiero
Ware

Reactions: MbergCat
That’s good news, but I'm trying to figure out how a 170lb guard is going to survive in the SEC and NCAAT.

Who knows, maybe his slender size paired with his quickness and ball handling, will give him an advantage.
Does a Sharife Cooper comparison come to mind? I'm sure there are a number of differences in strengths and weaknesses, but the listed size is about right (although I think Dillingham is a little taller).

Handles for days. Shifty. Quick. He'll be just fine in the SEC.

I'd rather have Reeves back than Livingston. At least Reeves can make up for his defensive deficiencies on the offensive end. Can Livingston take a leap by next college season if thats where he plays, sure. Hes still likely to only be a 33% shooter from 3 at best.

Handles for days. Shifty. Quick. He'll be just fine in the SEC.

I'd rather have Reeves back than Livingston. At least Reeves can make up for his defensive deficiencies on the offensive end. Can Livingston take a leap by next college season if thats where he plays, sure. Hes still likely to only be a 33% shooter from 3 at best.
Livingston is being an idiot if he leaves.Started all season at the position he wanted and still unhappy.Find a guy in the portal who fights and wants to be here.

What a weird observation. You think he's going to be a halfback in the fall?

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
He also said he feels better but it could still happen to where he doesn’t end up here.
Also said Kentucky adds a portal shooter and a big
- if Livingston leaves who is the replacement for him?
-

Does a Sharife Cooper comparison come to mind? I'm sure there are a number of differences in strengths and weaknesses, but the listed size is about right (although I think Dillingham is a little taller).
Yep, that’s a good comparison. What about Teague at UK, it’s hard to find a UK comparison for him.

Reactions: G-PIP

I went digging on the net for some comparisons as well. The crappy NBAdraft.net said Brandon Jennings if you remember him.

247 compared him to Darius Garland

Kevin Ollie who is with OTE also compared him to Garland.

Reactions: G-PIP

Trae Young is like 6-1 180 now think he was little in college. Hope Dilly can be like him.

Yep, that’s a good comparison. What about Teague at UK, it’s hard to find a UK comparison for him.
Yeah, it is hard to find a good UK comp. Teague was a little bigger and stronger built too, wasn't he? And Teague wasn't as flashy a ball-handler as I think Dillingham is. But stay with me on this for a minute before anyone goes ballistic: What about Ryan Harrow as he was supposed to be?

We need Dillingham at PG.

I would like to see some small ball, 4 and 5 out motion next season with the 5 Freshmen in together.

Hopefully, Reeves and Onyenso are back. Throw in Theiro and add some transfers to finish the roster.

We will be young, but we will be more talented than the last few years.

I wish Livingston would return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT