ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall to the schedule

So 30 wins again finally... I'm thinking the depth Cal has now he has to win games this season. Countdown to BBM around 65 I believe.

This is always the worst argument. How can we play top 20 teams every game when they are busy playing games such as this??? Lol
It's not about trying to play all the best teams. It's about Cal's trying to pad his record and protect his guy's draft status, by playing cupcakes.

It's not about trying to play all the best teams. It's about Cal's trying to pad his record and protect his guy's draft status, by playing cupcakes.

Everyone. Plays. Cupcakes.

I whip people's asses on this subject every single time it comes up, happy to provide you the stats as well if you'd like, nobody usually responds, but see below.

Everyone always has a hard-on for Duke, so let's take a look.

Last year- DUKE hosted:

Fayetville State
USC Upstate
Delaware
Bellarmine
Jacksonville
Ohio State (mandated by the Big10 challenge)

It's almost like EVERY school has cupcakes on their home schedule??

They (Duke) played a grand total of 2 (TWO) NCAA Tournament teams in their non-conference schedule.

Kentucky played 5 (FIVE) NCAA Tournament teams in their non-conference schedule last year.

Oh- you want to pivot and talk about the "QUALITY OF THE CUPCAKES"??

Houston finished the year ranked #1 in the NET and played 10 games against Q4 opponents. Duke also played 10, Texas played 8, Arizona played 7, UCLA played 7, etc. etc.- Kentucky played 6.

Kentucky played 2 teams last year that finished with a NET that was Sub-300:
Florida A&M
South Carolina State

Kansas also played 2 games against sub 300 NET teams in the non-conference:

Omaha
TX Southern

Houston (#1 in the NET rankings) also played 2 games against sub 300 NET teams in the non-conference:

NC A&T
TX Southern

So please explain to me your complaint, exactly? (Doubt I'll see a response)

Last edited:

Tell me another program that doesn’t play teams that are on par with Marshall???

You’re not even a UK fan to begin with. You’re not fooling anyone. If you can upload a pic with a piece of UK gear and my name wrote on a piece of paper in the same pic, I’ll PayPal you $1,000. If you’re a real fan, time to prove it.

Also, this task will need to be completed in 15 minutes to be valid for $. 🙂

Everyone. Plays. Cupcakes.

I whip people's asses on this subject every single time it comes up, happy to provide you the stats as well if you'd like, nobody usually responds, but see below.

Everyone always has a hard-on for Duke, so let's take a look.

Last year- DUKE hosted:

Fayetville State
USC Upstate
Delaware
Bellarmine
Jacksonville
Ohio State (mandated by the Big10 challenge)

It's almost like EVERY school has cupcakes on their home schedule??

They (Duke) played a grand total of 2 (TWO) NCAA Tournament teams in their non-conference schedule.

Kentucky played 5 (FIVE) NCAA Tournament teams in their non-conference schedule last year.

Oh- you want to pivot and talk about the "QUALITY OF THE CUPCAKES"??

Houston finished the year ranked #1 in the NET and played 10 games against Q4 opponents. Duke also played 10, Texas played 8, Arizona played 7, UCLA played 7, etc. etc.- Kentucky played 6.

Kentucky played 2 teams last year that finished with a NET that was Sub-300:
Florida A&M
South Carolina State

Kansas also played 2 games against sub 300 NET teams in the non-conference:

Omaha
TX Southern

Houston (#1 in the NET rankings) also played 2 games against sub 300 NET teams in the non-conference:

NC A&T
TX Southern

So please explain to me your complaint, exactly?

He's a troll. He won't respond as he isnt intelligent enough to do so. Even our real fans stfu quick when I provide a breakdown of the home Rupp scheduling back 30 years to show overall, (there have been a couple of seasons due to covid and other circumstances), it's 2 power 5 type team home games on average a season.

Reactions: jrpross
This is a strange season to complain about it.We get North Carolina,Kansas,Miami and Gonzaga.Not exactly cupcake U.
I agree. I've been critical of some of the schedules Calipari has put together, but this schedule is fine. Everyone has to play a couple of these games. Some people are going to bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch about everything!

This is good. This schedule is shaping up much better than last few. Marshall is on Morehead level. Those are the level teams you need to play for your so called "cup cake" games; not glorified high school team on the 100 level that no one ever head of. Playing some games that you should and win big over are important. They build confidence, give coaches leeway to try different lineups, put in new plays, plus gives lesser developed players a chance to play more. But just my opinion and everyone should have one.

I think 2, I’m pretty sure they are at 11 now. Probably two more cupcakes or lower conference teams
Here is what we have so far. Thanks to @Smashcat for posting this in another thread:

• Nov. 6: vs. New Mexico State | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Nov. 14: vs. Kansas | Champions Classic | United Center, Chicago, IL
  • Nov. 20: vs. St. Joe’s | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Stonehill | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Texas A&M University-Commerce | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Nov. 28: vs. Miami | ACC/SEC Challenge | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Dec. 2: vs. UNC Wilmington | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Dec. 16: vs. UNC | CBS Sports Classic | State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA
  • Dec. 21 at Louisville | KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
  • Dec. 29 vs. Illinois State | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Gonzaga | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Marshall | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY

You are. You call it a cupcake schedule, but with those teams listed it definitely is not a cupcake schedule.
Go back and read my posts. I didn't say a thing about it being a cupcake schedule. I only explain why Cal schedules cupcakes. Read.
Tell me another program that doesn’t play teams that are on par with Marshall???

You’re not even a UK fan to begin with. You’re not fooling anyone. If you can upload a pic with a piece of UK gear and my name wrote on a piece of paper in the same pic, I’ll PayPal you $1,000. If you’re a real fan, time to prove it.

Also, this task will need to be completed in 15 minutes to be valid for $. 🙂
I'm absolutely a UK fan. I just don't like the coach and what he's done to the program. We've been through this before. You Cal/NBA slurper types are a dime a dozen , easy to spot with the Webb telescope in a cloud of space fart dust. If you can show me a pic proving a straw won't go in one of your ears and out the other, I'll be convinced I should continue discussing with you. It's you who is fooling no one, certainly not any of the UK fans here.

Here is what we have so far. Thanks to @Smashcat for posting this in another thread:

• Nov. 6: vs. New Mexico State | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Nov. 14: vs. Kansas | Champions Classic | United Center, Chicago, IL
  • Nov. 20: vs. St. Joe’s | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Stonehill | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Texas A&M University-Commerce | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Nov. 28: vs. Miami | ACC/SEC Challenge | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Dec. 2: vs. UNC Wilmington | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • Dec. 16: vs. UNC | CBS Sports Classic | State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA
  • Dec. 21 at Louisville | KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
  • Dec. 29 vs. Illinois State | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Gonzaga | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
  • TBA: vs. Marshall | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Appreciate so one more home game likely. I saw people sayin Notre dame but I bet they cancel that and get another easy game

He's a troll. He won't respond as he isnt intelligent enough to do so. Even our real fans stfu quick when I provide a breakdown of the home Rupp scheduling back 30 years to show overall, (there have been a couple of seasons due to covid and other circumstances), it's 2 power 5 type team home games on average a season.

Yeah, I knew that @NociHTTP wouldn't respond to that post.

I even put it at the bottom, "Most people won't respond" because I mention I always kick people's asses on that topic.

Facts really get in the way of a shitty narrative.

The rumor about Notre dame and a site isn’t happening, Notre dame just released their schedule and Kentucky isn’t on it. My guess for the last game is Kentucky has another lower tier game at home

Last edited:
Can't play top 20 teams every game.
You want us to win from time to time right?
Crap attitude for a fan of the Wildcats...I expect to play top 20 teams and beat their collective ass at @ a 75% clip. Not dodge them so we can beat patsies "from time to time"...

Crap attitude for a fan of the Wildcats...I expect to play top 20 teams and beat their collective ass at @ a 75% clip. Not dodge them so we can beat patsies "from time to time"...
I understand where you are coming from but you can't scheudle top 20 teams night in and out mainly due to logistics.

But you can usually schedule Top 100-150 teams without issue.

Yeah, I knew that @NociHTTP wouldn't respond to that post.

I even put it at the bottom, "Most people won't respond" because I mention I always kick people's asses on that topic.

Facts really get in the way of a shitty narrative.
I'm good with this game. It's the sub 200 ones that kinda irk me. I get that a team might be good when you scheudle them and then suck, but it happens too often for us.

You can EXPECT in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first. Calipari has shown in the last 4-5 years he isn't beating a lot of ranked teams, so yea we better schedule some patsies from time to time. Some of them like Evansville, are beating us as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT