ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Post-Game Presser (Cal/Wagner/Sheppard/Dillingham/Marshall coach and players)

He definitely seemed to suggest the possibility of having a big man playing Tuesday
Seemed possible but far from certain. One thing that was clear is that when we do get one of the bigs back, Cal wants to keep Tre at the 5 on offense.

I think if BigZ gets cleared monday, he might get a few minutes Tuesday night. Matt Jones just said, he thinks Bradshaw plays Dec 2nd against Penn.. That game is next to Camden, and said Calipari was doing it for DJ and Aaron.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
One Marshall kid quick to credit how good our guards are at getting in the paint but you can't really help off much since we have shooters.

My take is he hopes Z gets cleared Monday. He came across as very vague about Aaron, especially when pressed.

I love D’antoni. Great guy
That accent. It wasn't the Greenville, Mississippi accent of Shelby Foote, but it was almost that good. Some people make music without hitting a note.

I also liked him talking about his freshman PG. "He wasn't in the blue book that you all recruit out of ... " I always think of people like that PG whenever someone makes some dogmatic evaluation of player talent. To use purely statistical terms, all of these guys are roughly in the +3 std dev range of talent, What separates them is work, alertness, poise, opportunity, and luck..

It also sounds like Reed and Dilly don’t mind coming off the bench. Watching the game, getting a feel, being refreshed when they come in to put pressure on the starters who may be a little tired. Seems like a great strategy so far.

I figured it out tonight, I can't stand hearing Cal talk, haven't been able to for a long time now. Tonight and set the playback speed at 1.5 and he was tolerable. Speed that sucker up and even seems like a likable guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT