ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few has to go into the top 3 candidates to replace cal

Few is an elite coach but also a drunk and those guys can’t handle the stress here. So I don’t think he would be a good fit. Plus he’s happy where he’s at. He ain’t leaving.
He got a dui, so now he's a drunk
Must be nice to be perfect

It wound be interesting to know if he has grandkids. If so, very doubtful that he and wife would pull up roots and leave people and an area they dearly love.

Yeah, he’d be on the wish list but like Hurley, he is not leaving his current team. Won’t hurt to ask but…..
I'm not sure that Few wouldn't be interested. The unusual thing about the UK job at this point is that the fan base hates the incumbent. The successor will, IMHO, get a long honeymoon period ... and it seems to me an rational aspirant to the position would see that as an added attraction to an historically preeminent program.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He’s just too good a coach at a low major program. Is very successful in the tournament. Teams are well coached and balanced. Zags can’t match what UK can pay. The man would be hungry for a title. That’s the thing with the coach question is the tournament will provide answers
He would be a great replacement but he’s been at Gonzaga so long I doubt he’s leaving. He has it made there and is. Successful in the hugest levels now. I would be great with it.

He makes 2 million a year and will likely never win a title at Gonzaga. I think he would be pumped to make 6-7 mil. He just saw what our fanbase brings to the table. I’m impressed with what he’s done with this team.
This team had no business being in the sweet 16 yet they dominated us and today.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
He has been at Gonzaga for over 30 years. He is in his 60s. The thought that no one else has offered him a ton of money to leave is laughable. He probably has millions in the bank, does what he wants and is in a position where he could win a title.

He has been at Gonzaga for over 30 years. He is in his 60s. The thought that no one else has offered him a ton of money to leave is laughable. He probably has millions in the bank, does what he wants and is in a position where he could win a title.
Exactly, I’m sure he’s been bombarded with offers over the years. No way he hasn’t been on every major list at some point in time. Maybe he’s waiting for a top 4 job with massive pay to seriously consider it but you gotta ask at least.

Few is an elite coach but also a drunk and those guys can’t handle the stress here. So I don’t think he would be a good fit. Plus he’s happy where he’s at. He ain’t leaving.
Not very respectful to call him a drunk. You know nothing about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT