ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few has to go into the top 3 candidates to replace cal

Few has been to the finals what twice in the last 5-7 seasons? He had his team in the elite 8 last year. And yeah winning in this tournament this year will matter if we are hiring a new coach. Not to mention he went into Lexington and handed us our ass. People want Tommy Lloyd and he isn’t half the coach of few.
Right but why did he move onto the list now?

Honestly, I've had a couple posters tell me that UK fans would hate Bennett's slow style of play. If Bennett is slow, how would we tolerate Few? We basically tried to pawn Wiltjer off to the Zags because he couldn't keep up with our style of play.
Gonzaga averages 84.9 points per game, has an offense that's 0.007 points per possession less efficient than ours was. They didn't play an incredibly quick tempo, but it was still top 70. A far cry from what Bennett does at Virginia.

Last edited:
I’d call him and try it. Odds are he won’t leave but you never know. Money talks
Imo he shoots to the top of the list. Age perfect for a 10 year run. Hungry for a title. Can recruit and develop. Knows how to work the portal. Is the most successful tournament coach the last several years combined. He makes 2 mil. Kentucky is Kentucky. He now knows what he gets taking over after playing in rupp. He is the perfect fit. Offer him cal money he’d be an idiot not to listen. He ll have plenty of time to go to Washington and do what he loves because he will have enough money to charter a private plane on a moments notice.

The only way Few leaves Gonzaga is if Washington crumbles into the ocean after a massive earthquake. If that did happen, he’d probably go to Montana.

Reactions: dl51344
You’re on ignore for a reason. Wtf is with the face palm? The guy has a resume built for Kentucky and he’s proving it once again taking a team with massive turnover to the sweet sixteen. He’s the perfect age for a 10 year run. I know you want cal at all costs so go cheer for Brad at vandy.
This is logical. Mark Few is doing a great job there.

How TF am I supposed to know where you live jackass? Put me back on ignore and keep me there, Im not going anywhere.
Considering a large chunk of the world speaks SPANISH and not ITALIAN it doesn’t matter where I live.

Yeah, he’d be on the wish list but like Hurley, he is not leaving his current team. Won’t hurt to ask but…..

I think he'd come, but he's getting old. 61. I just don't know how many more good seasons he has left in the tank.

Considering a large chunk of the world speaks SPANISH and not ITALIAN it doesn’t matter where I live.

Still can’t just let it go. We speak English here Pancho. You started the Spanish bullshit trying to be cute. Run along now and let the adults talk.

He’s 10x the coach Cal is, but he’s not UK material. Lil Bro material, but not UK.

UK’s next HC will be from a list of 6-7 guys that the pathetic losers on this board swear will never be UK’s HC, and they will be eating some mid rare crow here fairly soon 🤩

Ignore huh? Cram your Cal love crap. That your only go to when someone calls out your ridiculous posts. Few ain’t coming here and leaving Spokane, and his cushy very winnable conference and nearly annual free bid. You’re wrong but hey, keep throwing names on the wall and maybe one will stick for you so you can say you called it later. Good luck lol

Oh, well since you obviously know him personally and know this to be a fact, I guess we can't discuss it.

I think he'd come, but he's getting old. 61. I just don't know how many more good seasons he has left in the tank.
Do we want another young coach right now? Seriously? I mean it’s been established UK is a 10 year job. Why hire someone who will pull another cal and put it on cruise? The way I see it is there are a handful of great older coaches without titles who would have us in the thick day 1. I include pitino in that group because he is out to prove himself. few is at the top of that list now imo. He makes peanuts, he wants a title. You make a run at him the same you would Hurley. UK is the pinnacle and if you conquer it by 55 there’s no where to go but down.

Oh, well since you obviously know him personally and know this to be a fact, I guess we can't discuss it.
We sure can. It’s my opinion ((and the opinion of several others in this thread), that a. He’s done a great job but b. His ties to Gonzaga, Spokane and the Pacific Northwest would make it REALLY difficult, if not impossible to lure him here. Discuss…

Sure lets add any coach that wins a game in the dance to the list.
Go check fews record he didn’t win “a game”. He’s been to the finals twice in 7 years and has 9 consecutive sweet sixteen a. What’s wrong with you guys??

Reactions: bnewt
Go check fews record he didn’t win “a game”. He’s been to the finals twice in 7 years and has 9 consecutive sweet sixteen a. What’s wrong with you guys??
They know the marriage is over and they are just lashing out at everyone.
'That coach won't come here.'
'Cal isn't going anywhere.'

They think if they repeat some version of those 2 lines enough, we will just accept our Calipari managed decline and embrace the suck.

These threads are becoming dumber by the minute. I honestly cannot believe there are this many stupid UK fans.
Tell us again who your pick for HC would be? You go around calling everyone under the sun an idiot or worse for who they think would do well here but when asked you go “uhhh idk, no good names!”

If you don’t have a solution to propose then there isn’t any credibility when you enter the conversation just to tear people down.

He gets a gift playing in the WCC. He's usually always a high seed in the weakest bracket (the west). Not saying he isn't great, but his stats are a little inflated. We would have smacked that current Kansas team and we stink.

I'm all in on Scott Drew as a realistic option at this point.

Reactions: flacat22
Few is an elite coach but also a drunk and those guys can’t handle the stress here. So I don’t think he would be a good fit. Plus he’s happy where he’s at. He ain’t leaving.
I was getting ready to say, he couldn't handle the pressure cooker...also, not the most charismatic dude on the planet and you need that on your resume as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT