ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Moreno to announce commitment on Friday at 11 am

Let's Go Malachi.
Come To UK!

come-to-UK-the-rock.gif

Maybe so but recruiting is the life blood of a school. We should always want the best possible players we can get. With the portal is pts not as important but still we need a foundation that hopefully stays 2 years at least. We should strive for that. The portal works best to fill roster holes or unexpected losses IMO. It would be just as hard to blend 8 new players a year from the portal. I know most likely many schools will have to deal with that but the ones who retain the best talent year after year will win the most.
no, we shouldn't get the best possible players we can get. We should get the best players that fit within the system our coach excels at teaching and having his teams play.

that doesn't always mean a 5 star freshmen who leaves for the NBA or a better paying NIL after 6 months. To be more accurate I think it seldom means that, and its why the HOF coach who lost to Oakland and St. Peters packed a UHaul in the middle of the night and left for Arkansas

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Yessss.

I keep saying it, that first big recruiting get is huge. It says Pope can recruit, top guys want to come here and now we have a lengthy 7'1 center who has what appears to be pretty good passing skills for a big, which will entice other players to come in.

This wasn't something we could have waited a few seasons to get. So grabbing a top25 5* kid just a few months after Pope gets here, is yugeee!

no, we shouldn't get the best possible players we can get. We should get the best players that fit within the system our coach excels at teaching and having his teams play.

that doesn't always mean a 5 star freshmen who leaves for the NBA or a better paying NIL after 6 months. To be more accurate I think it seldom means that, and its why the HOF coach who lost to Oakland and St. Peters packed a UHaul in the middle of the night and left for Arkansas
Our roster wasn’t the problem under Cal. Talent still wins games, obviously you want guys that fit your system but getting John Wall and AD is still important. You don’t turn those guys down. So happy to get Malachi, this is huge.

Reactions: University-6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT