ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Moreno to announce commitment on Friday at 11 am

Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry and Noah come back. Add Moreno and I'm hoping we get Johnson, Mullins, Ament, Yessoufou and Magwood as frosh. A SR guard and forward transfer.

Pg- Perry/Johnson/transfer
SG- Oweh/Chandler/Magwood
Sf- Noah/Mullins
Pf- Ament/Yessoufou/transfer
C- Garrison/Moreno

What’s great about Pope is that no high school recruit becomes a “need”. Recruits will still be important. I think 4 a year should be the maximum number . But most of this entire team is transfers. And I’m excited to see what quality experience can bring

Reactions: chroix
Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry and Noah come back. Add Moreno and I'm hoping we get Johnson, Mullins, Ament, Yessoufou and Magwood as frosh. A SR guard and forward transfer.

Sf- Noah/Mullins
C- Garrison/Moreno
That would be solid

Reactions: chroix
Any Twitter updates or rumors about where he’s headed? Anyone heard anything thru the grapevine about our chances?

All the smoke I've heard lately is it's UK. He's got a 100% on 247 to commit to Kentucky. Not only that he pulled a Reed and said all and everyone is invited to his 11 am announcing Friday at his school in Town, "Kentucky". It's the same thing Reed did. If he's not going to UK why would he invite everyone to his announcement and 99% will be pro UK media members and fans? He will be a wildcat Friday.

All the smoke I've heard lately is it's UK. He's got a 100% on 247 to commit to Kentucky. Not only that he pulled a Reed and said all and everyone is invited to his 11 am announcing Friday at his school in Town, "Kentucky". It's the same thing Reed did. If he's not going to UK why would he invite everyone to his announcement and 99% will be pro UK media members and fans? He will be a wildcat Friday.
Awesome! That is fantastic news.

Reactions: KFuqua

Sf- Noah/Mullins
C- Garrison/Moreno
I don't think the best way to build a team any longer is with 6 FR.
For one, only about 1/4 of the "top FR" are actually "elite". Then several of the rest think either they are ready to go to the NBA prematurely after 1 year, or decide after 1 yr maybe they'll play better somewhere else. This isn't just a UK or Cal thing, this is everywhere.

Assuming we have those 5 return, I think we might expect to see say 3-4 FR and 3-4 transfers. It will be hard anywhere, any time to fill the 13th spot, unless you have a clear gaping hole/need in your roster after 12. And maybe you hold #13 open for a just in case (like a top 10 re-class, or an unknown foreign player).

Sf- Noah/Mullins
C- Garrison/Moreno
I like the way you think.

I don't see Oweh as a shooting guard, however. He never played shooting guard at Oklahoma, and I think by the time his senior gets here, he's going to be 220+ pounds. Dude is built like a boxer. Chandler's your shooting guard next season. Oweh at the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: University-6
I don't think the best way to build a team any longer is with 6 FR.
For one, only about 1/4 of the "top FR" are actually "elite". Then several of the rest think either they are ready to go to the NBA prematurely after 1 year, or decide after 1 yr maybe they'll play better somewhere else. This isn't just a UK or Cal thing, this is everywhere.

Assuming we have those 5 return, I think we might expect to see say 3-4 FR and 3-4 transfers. It will be hard anywhere, any time to fill the 13th spot, unless you have a clear gaping hole/need in your roster after 12. And maybe you hold #13 open for a just in case (like a top 10 re-class, or an unknown foreign player).
Point guard is a position I don't mind Pope appropriating from Calipari going forward when it comes to freshmen point guards. Harrison, Wall, Knight, Teague, Wallace, Fox, Ulis, Dillingham, Sheppard, Maxey etc. Yes, there were some duds, but it's a position that I'd love to see UK continue to dominate at going forward.

Burries would be ideal. Put him in a backcourt that features Perry, Chandler, and Johnson and you're set.

I prefer veterans in the front court, with a stabilizing veteran guard or two in the main rotation. We've seen too many freshmen 4s/5s need more time to develop: Montgomery, Richards, Gabriel, Orton, Skal, Dakari, WCS. Give me a handful of guys like Sestina, Oscar and Carr instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT