ADVERTISEMENT

Makes me sick

What's even worse, a lot of national writers are picking Louisville to be in Omaha.

UL went 13-6 on the road and they played just 3 RPI top 50 teams on the road. They lost a series to Florida State 1-2 and split away games with UK and Vandy. So, they have just 2 wins against RPI top 50 on the road. While that is a record of 2-3 and it isn't terrible, it is still indicative that they haven't really had a tough road schedule.

They may go to Omaha and they have gotten hot recently, but a large chunk of that is due to playing weaker opponents. They faced just 4 RPI top 50 opponents since playing us in Louisville on April 17. They went 2-2.

I still don't understand how Vandy, South Carolina and Miss. State got in before us. I have a friend who's son pitched for Arizona and he thought that AU and UK both got screwed.

Tradition if nothing else.
Had to be and it's highly probably that Ray Tanner had something to do with South Carolina getting in. No way that Vandy or Miss. State should've been in over us regardless of our poor finish down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT