ADVERTISEMENT

Make a 7-man rotation with one player from each coach…

Rupp: Dan Issel
Hall: Jack Givens
Sutton: Kenny Walker
Pitino: Derek Anderson
Tubby: Wayne Turner
BCG: Jodie Meeks or Patrick Patterson
Calipari: Anthony Davis
Kenny Walker played for coach Hall didnt he. I remember Chris Mullin poking him in the eye against St Johns in Elite 8 game. Hall was coach ,his last game as UK coach if I remember correctly

Rupp: Dan Issel
Hall: Kyle Macy
Sutton: Rex Chapman
Pitino: Jamal Mashburn
Smith: Tayshaun Prince
Gillispie: Jodie Meeks
Cal: Anthony Davis
I like this rotation for each coach's best player. You could do Kenny Walker for Sutton but like Chapman at guard since Meeks is the one from the BCG era for me. Patterson is great but this team needs guard depth like Meeks more than another forward.

Reactions: jrpross
Just for fun I'm gonna pick some different guys than the obvious that everyone's picking and try to come up with something that just fits together well as a unit.

Start with Tubby: I'm taking Bogans. Elite defender and #4 in scoring at UK. Overlooked and underrated guy imo.
From Hall: Sam Bowie. Not a stretch at all here to put him on an all-time list and hadn't seen him show up.
From Cal: Gotta go with a point guard from the Cal era imo and I'm taking Fox.
From Sutton: This one's tough. Not a lot to choose from here. I'll put Derrick Miller on the roster.
From Billy G: Patterson, Meeks, and Liggins off the board. I'll put Darius here.
From Rupp: I need a guard and a PF. Taking Louie Dampier
From Pitino: Need a PF. Let's go with Antoine.

Fox
Dampier
Bogans
Antoine Walker
Bowie

Darius Miller
Derrick Miller

Issel
Bowie
Davis
Delk
Wall

That team runs everyone off the floor
Can you imagine Bowie n Davis together. They were basically the same player
Not really because they couldn’t shoot outside Delk. I’d trade them for a SF and PF who could shoot honestly. Play AD at Center. But you still have guys on the bench to even out the lineup. Mine included everyone except Wall because you can’t have 2 from one coach.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Not really because they couldn’t shoot outside Delk. I’d trade them for a SF and PF who could shoot honestly. Play AD at Center. But you still have guys on the bench to even out the lineup. Mine included everyone except Wall because you can’t have 2 from one coach.
I guess you don't remember Davis dominating the best bigs in the country
Same for Bowie. If you have a defensive juggernaut shooting is blown out of proportion. They can get 35 layups a game

Reactions: Fox2monk
They actually shot the ball pretty well for 6'11/7
Big men. From 17 ft all the time.

Same for Bowie. If you have a defensive juggernaut shooting is blown out of proportion. They can get 35 layups a game
Or.. if you have guys who can just put it in the basket and not play scared to shoot in fear of a missing a shot that could very well get the confidence up if you can just get a couple to fall and get the basket looking bigger on offense, and then hope that it will lead to stops on the D end. It's good to have players who enjoy playing defense and can go out and get you some stops, and defense is important, but the name of the game is to put the ball in the basket more times than the other team. I hate when coaches treat the game like defense is way more important than making shots. I just don't get that.

Anthony Davis did dominate some games from that end of the floor, but guys still had to score points or it would've just been a good defensive effort in a loss.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Of course I remember, that’s why I picked them. Still shooting matters. Especially now. They would be amazing in most areas but shooting would be a concern. Look at the 2009 team alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT