ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung at Georgetown

kl40504

All-American
Oct 5, 2018
Maybe Cal should have looked at this kid. A three star guard from a small town in Southwest Virginia. He is a sophomore and has averaged 25 points per game in the last five games (all wins) and has been named Big East player two weeks in a row. He is the all time leading scorer in Virginia High School basketball. Sometimes the stars don't mean everything.

Maybe Cal should have looked at this kid. A three star guard from a small town in Southwest Virginia. He is a sophomore and has averaged 25 points per game in the last five games (all wins) and has been named Big East player two weeks in a row. He is the all time leading scorer in Virginia High School basketball. Sometimes the stars don't mean everything.
He won’t make it in the pros, so he’s irrelevant to Cal. Kentucky is about preparing players for their professional basketball careers, not winning games.

He won’t make it in the pros, so he’s irrelevant to Cal. Kentucky is about preparing players for their professional basketball careers, not winning games.
Usually both work to accomplish the same goals because you have to have good players to win. However there are exceptions.

Reactions: TFCats11
I remember people on here talking about him. Most said he is just a 3 star, we don't want a 3 star here. The same ones that said that also said he is not quick enough, and he is only good because he doesn't play against any body. He looks pretty good to me.

Not sure why McClung was only rated a three star.

Dude has unbelievable athleticism, put up crazy impressive stats (broke Allen Iverson's state scoring records) and carried his team to the state championship. What did the scouts not like?

Last edited:
I remember people on here talking about him. Most said he is just a 3 star, we don't want a 3 star here. The same ones that said that also said he is not quick enough, and he is only good because he doesn't play against any body. He looks pretty good to me.
Looks good to me. He is also shooting 95 percent from the free throw line.

Nope.. He had maybe 4 P5 offers.. Everyone thought he was at best a mid major athlete.. He basically was only known for his dunks.. Dudes got close to a 50" vertical..
Nope.. He had maybe 4 P5 offers.. Everyone thought he was at best a mid major athlete.. He basically was only known for his dunks.. Dudes got close to a 50" vertical..
True. Can jump out of the gym.

Not sure why McClung was only rated was a three star.

Dude has unbelievable athleticism, put up crazy impressive stats (broke Allen Iverson's state scoring records) and carried his team to the state championship. What did the scouts not like?
He is a white kid from a small town. Don't know why he didn't get more looks. He originally committed to Rutgers and changed his mind after a visit to his home by Patrick Ewing from Georgetown.

Reactions: Chuckinden
They both may make it because of size if nothing else.

If either make it would be Richards. Montgomery has zero shot to play in the NBA. There are plenty of people his size that never sniffed the nba, he will be one of them barring a major transformation in the next year and a half.

Not sure why McClung was only rated was a three star.

They never watched him play, that is why they didn't like about him. Most scouts only rate players by watching them in the wild and crazy world of aau, and only great athletes stand out in that type of play, it never enters their minds wheather a guy and actually play basketball or not. Only thing that matters to most scouts is how quick a guy is or how high they can jump.

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
Maybe bring him in a few years as a grad transfer to be the best player on the team.

The never watched him plat, that is why they didn't like about him. Most scouts only rate players by watching them in the wild and crazy world of aau, and only great athletes stand out in that type of play, it never enters their minds wheather a guy and actually play basketball or not. Only thing that matters to most scouts is how quick a guy is or how high they can jump.
50" vertical is pretty high..just sayin

Not to mention Joe B. Hall took Richard “Master Blaster” Madison when Dan Majerle was there for the taking. Sucks.
Or to mention that Georgetown's leading scorer is Omer Yurtseven, a 7 footer averaging 18/10 and 2 blocks.

I mean, if you're going to pine for Georgetown players, why not him?

I have some ideas about that, but Merry Christmas.

Great player. Hate his name. Like flinging wet poop against a canvas and calling it art.

Would love to have him though

I hate to tell you but college basketball is full of 3 star rated players that can play. Your way of thinking is why most other people think that Kentucky fans are stupid.

Name me 10 3-star players that would have contributed for us by the end of their Sophomore years (well past our fanbases expectations, mind you).. and I'll name you 500 that wouldn't.

Or to mention that Georgetown's leading scorer is Omer Yurtseven, a 7 footer averaging 18/10 and 2 blocks.

I mean, if you're going to pine for Georgetown players, why not him?

I have some ideas about that, but Merry Christmas.

dont say it; if you do this thread will go like 12 pages and I’ll have to read a bunch of junk from many posters I don’t care for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT