ADVERTISEMENT

Lyon Co. over Memphis Whitehaven

FtWorthCat

Senior
Aug 21, 2001
Ft. Worth, TX
#1 Lyon County is off to a 3-0 start. Highlights of their win over Memphis Whitehaven in the Marshall County Hoopfest below.

Will Perry be the surprise next year that Sheppard is this year?
Great question Dave….Reed is setting a pretty high bar (so far), but it looks like Perry has all the ingredients to have the same impact when he’s a Cat.

Come on there are more dangerous places in Memphis than Whitehaven. Memphis Sucks as a place to live, I carry everywhere!
My daughter lived in Germantown but taught in Memphis and I agree that there are some bad areas. She taught not far from Orange Mound and I was never so glad as I was when they relocated to Huntsville Alabama.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Can you envision Reed at point guard and Perry as the shooting guard. Two best players to come out of Ky high school ranks over past 10 years?

Great question Dave….Reed is setting a pretty high bar (so far), but it looks like Perry has all the ingredients to have the same impact when he’s a Cat.
If you watched Illinois or UCONN play in the last week you know guys like Perry can have a big role on big time teams. I see Reed as another level athletically but Perry can def have a huge role.

Can you envision Reed at point guard and Perry as the shooting guard. Two best players to come out of Ky high school ranks over past 10 years?
I said months ago; before Reed blew up and Travis committed, that those 2 in the same backcourt would be the most popular duo in Kentucky history. Of course I got all the negative posters saying they werent athletic enought, couldnt guard anyone...the same old thing we hear when people judge them without knowing anything about them. Just hope somehow we can keep Reed around 2 yrs at least. Can you imagine 2 snipers like that playing together, makes me giddy thinking about it. LOL

Will Perry be the surprise next year that Sheppard is this year?
That will be a tough nut to Crack. Reed has set a very high standard to match, if Perry even gets close it's a win win situation. I was at the Marshall Co. Hoopfest and Perry didn't have his best shooting night, 37 points, 5 or 6 assist, 6 rebounds and 5 steals, but his all around game was great. I've seen him play a few time and he looked much stronger and more athletic this time. He really reminds me of Sheppard quite a bit, his handle, IQ, shot, and all around abilities. There were more than on person I conversed with that thought Perry and Edgecombe were the to best players at the Hoopfest, including a former coach.

Reactions: tomrain and UKortho
My daughter lived in Germantown but taught in Memphis and I agree that there are some bad areas. She taught not far from Orange Mound and I was never so glad as I was when they relocated to Huntsville Alabama.
I work down off 3rd and Florida, the police told me that if people were around an intersection early morning to roll thru the stop lights and not stop and take a chance on being robbed.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Good to see this thread turn into a city of Memphis bashing session. Let's make sure to dog Philadelphia in the game thread tomorrow.

This is good to see for Perry. It's nice to see him show out during these major matchups, just like Sheppard did. I wish he would get the strength and conditioning program from UK now so that he can hit the ground running next year.

Not sure what he will accomplish, just hope he gets a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT