ADVERTISEMENT

Lynn Bowden article (Banner Society)

Lynn’s tragic flaw is that he did amazing things while making it look too easy.

We will have a solid team next year, which I expect to improve on the 2019 team’s overall record, but we will miss Mr. Bowden.

We have had fierce competitors in this program under CMS.

In that regard, Benny and Lynn are two obvious examples, but IMHO Stoops has established a program culture that demands that players ferociously compete if they want to see the field.

Last edited:
Bowden, at least in college, was better than Cobb. Bowden is as rare as a fat man climbing Mt. Everest.
Maybe. Certainly Cobb was not asked to do as much as Bowden was. I mean from a talent and skills perspective, they're pretty similar. We'll never know because Cobb wasn't asked to take over the QB position for the majority of a season. Both players were fantastic though, no doubt about that.

The University of Kentucky hasn't been fortunate enough through the years to have many talented players like Bowden and Cobb. We've had talented player but not wholesale like the top teams. CMS stoop and staff have changed that and now we have ultra talent across the board. We have to freshmen coming in, Drennen and McClain that are in a similar mode as the two above. Actually I believe McClain was offensive player of the year in Ohio, if I'm not mistaken. We now are expecting the coaches to recruit top talent and now recruits respond to Kentucky like never before. I think 8 wins and above is going to be the new normal for the near future.

According to CBS were a .500 team in 2020. Rivals prediction not much better.....I dunno what they're smokin, but pass it around for cryin out loud!

A big part of him doing everything is we needed him to do everything. I hope we don't get to that point again, we are better off if we don't have to put every offensive egg in one basket.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT