ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi Drops Cats Out Of Top 20

Should have not lost home games to UNWC and Florida if you want people to have given us a good seed.

The NCAA will be doing their bracket preview of the top 16 teams in 9 days we can see where we stand then by the real committee but if they lose any games between now and then zero chance they will be mentioned even as a "in consideration 5 seed"

We’re 5-5 in quad 1-2 games.
Can’t be .500 against other tournament teams and expect a high seed.
I expect us to drop below .500 by the end of the season,

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up as low as a 9 seed. We’ve got tough road games coming up.

Just give me 8/9 game and win then beat #1 2 days later and just like that you are in the top seed spot. Should have won it all in 14 that way.

Tennessee is certainly one. They just upstaged us at Rupp.

But I like to play the game of, "we can't suck that bad if everyone else sucks" that our fans talk themselves into playing during these discussions.

Gotta keep hope alive, right?
Tennessee has Rick Barnes as a coach. They will flame out. They always do. UConn is the only team without clear flaws. Everybody else has flaws and they clear flaws

Still don’t get how South Carolina not getting mad respect right now. Iowa St at 12 is not that good.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What leg does UK have to stand on?

He was right, maybe even gracious it turns out. Stop being a Kentucky slappy and try to see things as they are.

We are a 5 or 6 now with a ceiling of a 3 or 4 if we go on a run. Stop wanting media members to overate our team.
That's the problem the big picture is Kentucky has potential but has to prove it

Reactions: chroix and dl51344
We don't deserve to be a top 20 team.

Let's curtail the faux outrage before it gives birth to irrationality.

We're not a good team right now.

Tennessee is certainly one. They just upstaged us at Rupp.

But I like to play the game of, "we can't suck that bad if everyone else sucks" that our fans talk themselves into playing during these discussions.

Gotta keep hope alive, right?
Son_Of_Saul,

You made the argument against yabbadabbadoo's point, that there are no good teams, by saying that Tennessee is a good team, because Tennessee upstaged us at Rupp. Previously, however, you said that we are not a good team right now. Why, then, does Tennessee beating a not good team make them a good team?

Iowa State has beaten more ranked teams the last 3 years than anyone I believe. It was something crazy like that. They deserve their spot too.
This year though, they haven’t beaten anyone outside the big 12. Their best OOC win was Iowa. Losses to Va tech and Texas A&M.

Son_Of_Saul,

You made the argument against yabbadabbadoo's point, that there are no good teams, by saying that Tennessee is a good team, because Tennessee upstaged us at Rupp. Previously, however, you said that we are not a good team right now. Why, then, does Tennessee beating a not good team make them a good team?
Because they toyed with us, IN RUPP, against one of the highest scoring teams in college basketball, that's why.

Reactions: TM2013
I can't find what the article is referring to when it talks about him dropping us lower than a 5 seed. The Tweet they show has nothing to do with anything. The last time he tweeted anything out was yesterday and had us as a 5 seed. What am I missing here?

At this point I don't even care about the bracket or where we are. This season has been pretty wild throughout college basketball. We just need to win the rest of our games and do whatever we can to help ourselves. Losses for other teams WILL happen but we can't be dropping winnable games and are going to have to win some hard road contests.

At some point you guys are just bitter. We got pounded on the road by USC, pounded at home by UT, and lost at home to Florida. Top 20 teams don’t do all 3 of those things. One night happens. This is a track record at this point and you don’t erase it by pounding one horrible team. The good news is, plenty of chances left to prove it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT