ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi: Cats win today gets #1…Palm saying Duke “No Shot” for a #1

I've been saying this for almost a week. ALL of sports media has been lobbying for Dook to get a #1 seed since the ACC tourney started. And I believe they will get that #1 seed if UK loses to Uteee and they win the ACC-T. Every accommodation will be given to K in his final go-around.
The media can say whatever they want, but Duke isn't even in the conversation for a 1 seed, especially considering they don't play a single quad 1 game in the ACCT. The UNC loss capped them as a 2 seed.

Bilas and co. are just using their platform to lobby the committee. He does it every year. It won't work this year. They don't have the resume.

Reactions: BigTyrone and Aike
The media can say whatever they want, but Duke isn't even in the conversation for a 1 seed, especially considering they don't play a single quad 1 game in the ACCT. The UNC loss capped them as a 2 seed.

Bilas and co. are just using their platform to lobby the committee. He does it every year. It won't work this year. They don't have the resume.
Tonight is a quad 1 game. Their 1st quad 1 game in ELEVEN games lol.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Let it be known that Duke still hasn’t played a ranked team since Gonzaga in November.

Lunardi is a completely moron. Last night, after we won, with Auburn losing, he said we had to win the SECT to be a one.

Then he probably got ridiculed on Twitter, so today he changes it to something that makes more sense - win today and we get the 1.

My question - which 1 seed do we get? 3rd? 4th? Is he still thinking KU will get a 1 if they win out also? Is this his cryptic way of saying if UK wins today, we get the 3rd 1 spot and KU gets the 4th?

Even if we both win our conference tournaments, I will be PISSED if the committee gives KU that 3rd 1 seed tomorrow.

CrazySportsDude, who is usually pretty accurate, has dropped Auburn to the 6th #2 and moved us up to the first #2. Still has Baylor as the final #1 seed which means UK is poised to take Baylor's #1 with a win (or 2). The big question remains, just how much do we have to do to get that #1?
I think a win versus Uteee and we lock it up. Still would be nice to win the SEC-T to be certain.

Tennessee is the team getting the raw deal with the talking heads right now. They should be on the 2 line ahead of Duke, and a dark horse for a 1. Look at their resume.

Maybe I just don’t watch enough, but I don’t hear anyone talking about them. They are bound to have a chip on their shoulder.

When there are 3 strong ACC teams, they have no problem touting them all for the 1 line. But 3 strong SEC teams? Seems to be an unwritten rule about knocking them down a notch.

Duke loses to UNC and it’s a strong Carolina win. Kentucky loses to UT and it’s a damaging loss.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Lunardi is a completely moron. Last night, after we won, with Auburn losing, he said we had to win the SECT to be a one.

Then he probably got ridiculed on Twitter, so today he changes it to something that makes more sense - win today and we get the 1.

My question - which 1 seed do we get? 3rd? 4th? Is he still thinking KU will get a 1 if they win out also? Is this his cryptic way of saying if UK wins today, we get the 3rd 1 spot and KU gets the 4th?

Even if we both win our conference tournaments, I will be PISSED if the committee gives KU that 3rd 1 seed tomorrow.
Haha good call TheDude73 …I noticed that also but didn’t comment …was just happy with the news but it did confuse me

The committee would love for UCLA to beat AZ. Then they would have an excuse to move AZ between us and Kansas.

Well damn, I guess Baylor clearly has the better resume. So clearly those saying a UK win puts them over Baylor are wrong.
If we win today and add another quad 1 win, it will be a true toss up. Gotta get the W today though. If Kansas wins today they will definitely get a 1

If we win today and add another quad 1 win, it will be a true toss up. Gotta get the W today though. If Kansas wins today they will definitely get a 1
Looking at certain metrics really turns off some peoples brain. There is far more to this than quad whatever wins and losses. Baylor is not a real contender, no matter what the metrics say. They don’t in any way deserve a 1.

• Haha
Reactions: gharding07
Looking at certain metrics really turns off some peoples brain. There is far more to this than quad whatever wins and losses. Baylor is not a real contender, no matter what the metrics say. They don’t in any way deserve a 1.
The committee looks at the numbers. Not the eye test..it is what it is.

The committee looks at the numbers. Not the eye test..it is what it is.
I’m not arguing what the committee will do. It’s well established they are non basketball idiots who need metrics to make up for their severe lack of actual knowledge

Fouls in ACC Tournament to date:

Duke: 24
Opponents: 38 (including Syracuse who plays a 2-3 zone the entire game and forces you to shoot from the perimeter)

You sure about that?
Oscar would have 2 fouls before the first TV timeout.

I want pay back. Let it be Kentucky sending K home. I want them badly
It will just end up like the UCLA game when Wooden announced his retirement. I prefer to stay as far away from them until the end and hope someone else can overcome the refs that will inevitably help them.

Both UK and Auburn losing early in the SEC-T tournament is opening the pathway for Dook to take the final #1 seed. They do have to beat Va. Tech tonight but, the opportunity is there for them. Gotta give K the red carpet treatment during his final hurrah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT