ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi: Cats win today gets #1…Palm saying Duke “No Shot” for a #1

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida

To be clear for everyone …

I have a question …the higher you climb in the NCAA bracketing, doesn’t that mean you get favoritism from the committee in terms of where they send you for the Big Dance geographically ? …Hoping the closer we get to Lexington the more fans we can get attending

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
If it's a 1-seed, it's likely Philadelphia. Luckily, Baylor and KU can't be 1/2 in the same region.

Otherwise, Kentucky would be in Philly with Duke or Villanova.

Most likely, one of those teams would go out west as a #2 because Kentucky likely has to be placed in Chicago with KU if they are a #2, with Baylor going to San Antonio or out West.

Iowa as the 5 is the only team that would be kinda a tough one, every other top seed doesn’t scare me at all. Kansas, Wisconsin, and Providence, Iowa, Saint Mary’s as the top 6? Sign me up.

So Duke has no shot at a 1 ? Cause they are gonna win the ACC …I think everybody here is aware of the National feeling toward the Coach K swan song …I don’t wanna be in their bracket and hope they get shipped out west

UK and Duke in the East. Rematch of UK-Duke for 30 year anniversary of The Shot which also occured in East Regional in Philly.
Damit I didn't know it been 30, and in Philly we definitely going to see that rematch, they can suk it, hell they bout lost the last 3 games.

Didn’t the committee say KU was ahead of UK because of Baylor being between them? If you remove Baylor, then the head to head becomes a factor and UK overtakes KU. So given how Baylor just disqualified themselves with that awful loss, UK should be the current 3rd 1 seed! No way does a team lose in the first round of their conference tourney to a horrible team and retain a 1 seed, there is no precedent for that.

It also becomes FAR worse when said team would be the 2nd 1 seed from that conference. I bet you can’t find a single example of this.

Last edited:
Bilas said if duke wins the acc tournament they'll be a one seed unless Kentucky wins the SEC. The acc is the weakest the conference has been in several years. unc was the 3 seed in the conference tournament...
So winning the acc tournament is not some major accomplishment. Vandy could probably win it...
Favoritism rules.

BS. Beat Vols and UK is a 1 seed. This is an Elite 8 level game. Meanwhile you look at the ACC and Big Ten semis.
Don't you just hate common sense? Lunardi trying to make Baylor viable after their embarrassment.
What this tells you about the committee? UK winning in the fieldhouse and handily has NOTHING to do with seeding. Baylor losing out of the gate means nothing?

Lunardi will be exiled once again for another year in one more day.

Lunardi is generally great at picking the teams that make the field (which frankly isn’t hard as there are only a handful of selection that are true toss ups) and mediocre or worse at everything else. Guy is a conman.

Follow Bracket Matrix instead, much better option.

Bilas said if duke wins the acc tournament they'll be a one seed unless Kentucky wins the SEC. The acc is the weakest the conference has been in several years. unc was the 3 seed in the conference tournament...
So winning the acc tournament is not some major accomplishment. Vandy could probably win it...
Favoritism rules.
Great info thanks …Bilas is pretty in the know

BS. Beat Vols and UK is a 1 seed. This is an Elite 8 level game. Meanwhile you look at the ACC and Big Ten semis …. Joke.
THat is the most logical take...and I think is how it will play out. Win today and we're a 1 seed regardless of Sunday.

People are giving Lunardi way too much attention for this seeding....he's never had a track record of predicting seed lines....he's a in the tourney vs. miss tourney is his forte...not seed lines.

UK def needs to win this game but there is no way to know how the committee is looking at UK vs. Kansas and Baylor, as UK has the ultimate trump card, a road win against Kansas. I would say Auburn is done though, Duke may jump them in the pecking order.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
So Duke has no shot at a 1 ? Cause they are gonna win the ACC …I think everybody here is aware of the National feeling toward the Coach K swan song …I don’t wanna be in their bracket and hope they get shipped out west
I want pay back. Let it be Kentucky sending K home. I want them badly

Reactions: jjhagan7
Favoritism rules.
Horse shit! 🤣

Notre Dame was the #2 seed in the ACC. That tells you all you need to know about it. Parrish destroyed them yesterday. Their resume sucks. And yes I know they beat us.

Baylor will get the UK 1-seed if the Cats lose to UT today. Then UK will be the #2 in the region with KU in Chicago or Baylor in San Antonio. This almost seems to be a certainty to me.

Reactions: gharding07
UK def needs to win this game but there is no way to know how the committee is looking at UK vs. Kansas and Baylor, as UK has the ultimate trump card, a road win against Kansas. I would say Auburn is done though, Duke may jump them in the pecking order.
What's funny is people are saying Auburn is done, but somehow Baylor still keeps getting the nod. Why isn't Baylor "done" as well? Lost just as Auburn did.

And this race to the #1 seed between UK and KU is just dumb. So UK has to win all the way out in the SECT to "take" the 1 from KU? KU doesn't have to win out? The way I see this - we're neck and neck and UK has the ass blasting at their place. This should be more about KU needing to win out more than UK, frankly.

I know, I know, "quad 1 wins", and blah blah blah. But come on, one more quad 1 win trumps UK's kicking their butts at a place KU literally NEVER loses?

Favoritism rules.
If Duke wins the ACC, they will have done so by beating Syracuse, Miami and Virginia Tech. That's 2 teams out of the field, and 1 team that will be a 10 or 11 seed.

There is a bracket coming out tomorrow that’s pretty dependable. The matchups on it seem to be pretty dependable. Comes out Sunday evening. They only publish once a year.

If Duke wins the ACC, they will have done so by beating Syracuse, Miami and Virginia Tech. That's 2 teams out of the field, and 1 team that will be a 10 or 11 seed.

Yeah do not think the committee will buy into the espn narrative. Bilas logic is but Gonzaga gets a 1 playing dog crap conference teams and so does Arizona to a lesser extent. And Duke beat Gonzaga and uk. It's not completely crazy but the metrics and the quad 2 and 3 losses at home sink Duke imo.

Duke is a 1 seed is as biased as this tournament ever gets.

Oh I forgot, Duke beat us in Game 1 on a neutral court and hasn't looked like that since.
Main reason was because of Keels. We must stop drives to the basket on a consistent basis

I don't really wan to play KU again. We were at the top of our game and I am afraid our guys will be over confident going in to a rematch. We shot lights out that game--it may have been the best we played all year.

We absolutely should be a 1 seed if we beat UT today. But almost always get screwed on seeding so who knows what will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT